GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Price Of Memory cards"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/05/02 at 17:23
Regular
The other day i got the PS2 for an early birthday present along with 2 games - Tekken Tag and MGS2. The only problem is that I haven't got a memory card. I looked in loads of mags but couldn't find the price. (My computer had to be fixed so i coldn'y go on the net). So finally I asked my friend how much they were and he told me.....25 QUID!!! I know it's a PS2 and it's amazing but that's very poor! I've got £15 quid and one guy who's gonna explode...ME! PSone memory cards only cost around £3, so why do PS2 ones cost so much!!!!?
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:09
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
reynolds wrote:
> i no the prices are ridiculas

If you don't like the prices, don't buy the console.
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:01
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
O.K thanks alot, atleast that's something that's been cleared up. But how much memory does this memory card contain. Surely you wouldn't need that much if you were only going round a friends house to use it. Lets face, some owners of the X-Box will not have alot of friends so it would be a pointless purchase. But for the rest, i suppose it will make gaming even more fun.
Sat 04/05/02 at 12:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> Well i haven't looked at the previous posts and i don't like the X-Box
> forum so i thought i'd ask you guys. Can you save your progress on to
> the hard drive on the X-Box? If yes then why are they selling an X-Box
> memory card? I think it is because your hard drive may get full but
> i'm not sure what the real answer is.

Yes- you can use the HDD to store game saves... and no, you'll never fill it! (Even if you bought thousands of games, I doubt you could fill it!).

The mem card is pretty much just for transferring data to mates houses. So, for example, with Virtua Fighter 4 on the PS2 you can train your own computer characters, take them to a friend's house on the mem card, and then fight with your friend's guy.

Sonic
Sat 04/05/02 at 10:50
"For the horde!!!!"
Bonus wrote:
> Because,
>
> They are 8Mb in size and store a hell of a lot of data
>
> They are the same as Sony memory sticks which are a very fast and
> portable storage device, and such quality comes with a price tag
>
> thay are about 16 times the size of a GC memory card which costs
> £15
>
> So stop whining....

yah they cost a lot but there is a non offital 16 MB memory card for about 27 quid nowadays.
Sat 04/05/02 at 10:41
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Well i haven't looked at the previous posts and i don't like the X-Box forum so i thought i'd ask you guys. Can you save your progress on to the hard drive on the X-Box? If yes then why are they selling an X-Box memory card? I think it is because your hard drive may get full but i'm not sure what the real answer is.
Sat 04/05/02 at 08:40
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i no the prices are ridiculas
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yep - you need a ps one memeoryt card for ps one games..
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:09
Regular
"95% organic"
Sorry to change the topic slightly, but, does anyone know if you need a PSOne memory card to save PSOne games on a PS2? Or can you save PSOne games using the PS2 memory cards?
Fri 03/05/02 at 04:21
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
USB zip drive? thats interesting...

*ponders*

wouldn't that be just for zipping up downloads from the HD for when the PS goes online?

anyway memory cards they are expensive, you can probably get an unofficial sony 8mb Memory card from shops now or have a look on ebay they normally have people selling official ones for around £15-£20.
Thu 02/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
blimeyoreilly wrote:
> How about games supporting memory via the usb port like the usb-pen
> drives

I've seen a USB zip drive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.