GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Price Of Memory cards"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/05/02 at 17:23
Regular
The other day i got the PS2 for an early birthday present along with 2 games - Tekken Tag and MGS2. The only problem is that I haven't got a memory card. I looked in loads of mags but couldn't find the price. (My computer had to be fixed so i coldn'y go on the net). So finally I asked my friend how much they were and he told me.....25 QUID!!! I know it's a PS2 and it's amazing but that's very poor! I've got £15 quid and one guy who's gonna explode...ME! PSone memory cards only cost around £3, so why do PS2 ones cost so much!!!!?
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:48
Or you could pay £15 for a x-box carrier case and end up being trained for the worlds strongest man quite a good bargain I think ;)

I love me x-box just finished DOA3 with some more characters :)
Fri 10/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
beanz wrote:
> the xbox mem card is 8mb i think...costs like 25 quid which is a rip
> off like the ps2 one...

Would someone like to correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought the X-Box doesn't need a memory card because it's already got a hard drive and thats where all saved game info is kept.......either that or I'm going completely mad here!
Fri 10/05/02 at 14:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> O.K thanks alot, atleast that's something that's been cleared up. But
> how much memory does this memory card contain.

the xbox mem card is 8mb i think...costs like 25 quid which is a rip off like the ps2 one...
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:37
Regular
Any GameCube owner with half a brain will buy the 64 Megabit Datel card for £18 from Play.
Fri 10/05/02 at 13:25
"cheerios"
a hard drive? really?
Sat 04/05/02 at 16:58
"For the horde!!!!"
Tóm wrote:
> Gridloch wrote:
> the PS2 is getting a hardrive soon
>
> REALLY? NO! no....really? no, surely....really? REALLY? Are you
> sure.....can't be.
>
> REALLY?!
>
> :op

very funny
Sat 04/05/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i bought my memory card for £25 in janurary.
since then it has gone up in price to £30.
Sat 04/05/02 at 16:27
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I got a 4MB Gamecube memory card for £10. Unofficial, still buying 2 (ie £20 and 8MB) rather than 1 PS2 one (ie £30 and 8MB) So aren't Ninty .. better?

And how big is the official Ninty card anyway? I thought it was 4 meg too.

So both cards cost the same, right (2 GC at 4MB @ 15 quid = 30 and 1 PS2 at 8MB @ 30 quid) Equals, no disadvantage, right?

I just assumed the GC card was 4 meg.
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:54
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Gridloch wrote:
> the PS2 is getting a hardrive soon

REALLY? NO! no....really? no, surely....really? REALLY? Are you sure.....can't be.

REALLY?!

:op
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:00
"For the horde!!!!"
the PS2 is getting a hardrive soon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.