GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Price Of Memory cards"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/05/02 at 17:23
Regular
The other day i got the PS2 for an early birthday present along with 2 games - Tekken Tag and MGS2. The only problem is that I haven't got a memory card. I looked in loads of mags but couldn't find the price. (My computer had to be fixed so i coldn'y go on the net). So finally I asked my friend how much they were and he told me.....25 QUID!!! I know it's a PS2 and it's amazing but that's very poor! I've got £15 quid and one guy who's gonna explode...ME! PSone memory cards only cost around £3, so why do PS2 ones cost so much!!!!?
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hmm... Sr have a deal now, MGS2 with a memory card for £54.99. Not bad I think, I've yet to buy MGS2 and I could do with a new memory card.
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:12
Regular
"simpsons rule"
my mate paid £47 for his memory card
Thu 23/05/02 at 08:39
When I got my playstation 2 I did not get a memory card with it and when I went down to the shops to get it and it was £29.99 for the offical playstation 2 memory card but when i went into a different shop it was only £20 but it was not the offical playstation 2 memory but it does the same thing as the normal playstation two memory card which i thought was rather daft
Sat 11/05/02 at 21:10
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
I reluctantly bought my PS2 memory card. I would have bought a cheap 3rd party card, until I remembered what happened to the PSone card. All the saves disappeared for no reason. All FFVII data lost forever...
Sat 11/05/02 at 16:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've never had a real problem with the price of peripherals before, but £25-30 on a memory card is rediculos. I didn't get a memory card when I bought my PS2, so when I found it priced at £30 I amazed and shocked at just how much they cost. Because I 'had' to buy a memory card, I had no choice but to pay up. There almost the same price as some games ffs.
Fri 10/05/02 at 21:56
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Prices of Peripherals in general are often outraegous. Their prices are things people ovelook; people just go straight to see how much the console and MAYBE how much the games are. But not peripherals.....

They'll destroy the world I tell you!!!!!!!!
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:18
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm never very keen to buy unofficial mem cards...
anyway i thought that even though the official gc card is cheaper it is also a heck of a lot smaller (memory wise) than the ps2 one
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
PS2 memory cards are ridiculously priced!

Gamecube memory cards on the other hand, have a much fairer price. 12 quid for the official one isn't bad at all, but the datel one is 16 times the size and only costs an extra fiver.

I have the datel one. My brother has the official one. Mwahahah!
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:23
beanz wrote:
> Jive wrote:
> Would someone like to correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought the
> X-Box doesn't need a memory card because it's already got a hard
> drive
> and thats where all saved game info is kept.......either that or I'm
> going completely mad here!
>
> you CAN use the hard drive to save all your games (plenty of
> space...no need to worry about running out)...but IF you want to
> transfer save games onto a friend's xbox then you can use a memory
> card.

Or Risk your shoulder socket with a carry bag when I got my x-box I dislocated my shoulder carrying it you know lol
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
Jive wrote:
> Would someone like to correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought the
> X-Box doesn't need a memory card because it's already got a hard drive
> and thats where all saved game info is kept.......either that or I'm
> going completely mad here!

you CAN use the hard drive to save all your games (plenty of space...no need to worry about running out)...but IF you want to transfer save games onto a friend's xbox then you can use a memory card.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.