GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had to be done :-D

Steambot Chronicles out this week in Uncle Sam land for all the importers, looking quite tasty even if it is a Action RPG game. Nice Katamari Damacy style controls make it more interesting though
Wed 14/06/06 at 19:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Geffdof wrote:
> Whats the difference between traditional and KH action style?

Traditional (at least in my opinion) is a menu driven turn based battle system. This is good (again my opinion)

KH Action style is just hack and slash button mashing drivel. This is bad (again my opinion)

> Im I right in assuming FF7 is traditional, as in turn based?

Yup
Wed 14/06/06 at 19:50
Regular
"Mooching around"
FF XII, I've been told, has the best story line in any FF game for a long time... However, I don't like how the turn-based fighting has gone completly out the window in it.
Wed 14/06/06 at 19:13
Regular
"lets go back"
Whats the difference between traditional and KH action style?

Im I right in assuming FF7 is traditional, as in turn based?
Wed 14/06/06 at 14:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well after a quick 2 minutes on gamefaqs i've read FFXIII will be more of a traditional battle system while VS XIII will be more of a Kingdom Hearts style battle system. Could be completely wrong but then i've not really been following it closely.

If you like action RPG's then KH is a good game, however if you're like me and absolutely loathe that system, finding it boring and requiring zero skill then stay away from it. I only played KH2 for about 30 minutes and had to switch it off after hearing Seifer say *You're just mad because we totally owned you lamers*
Wed 14/06/06 at 08:37
Regular
"lets go back"
I didnt get the whole XIII and Vs XIII.

There are two games and they are both set in the same world but do the stories and characters cross or are they completely seperate?

If they are completely different (which is what I think I read) then we could get two different styles of play.

Also, is Kingdom Hearts any good?
Tue 13/06/06 at 22:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mine was a "What the hell?" followed by a sigh as it seems like it's going in the all action direction. Obviously it was only a small trailer and FFXII isn't even out here yet let alone starting to be cynical about FFXIII but it did make my heart sink.

Ah well i stopped caring about the FF franchise ages ago
Tue 13/06/06 at 18:40
Regular
"Mooching around"
Just to add (because i think this could have potential) Anyone seen the video to FF XIII? Wow was my reaction at first, but then I felt kind of empty... it just feels like square enix are diversifying too much in this series.
Sun 28/05/06 at 21:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Kawada wrote:
> Steer clear of FFX-2, just a fan-service of a game that didn't
> actually serve anyone.

Except FM
Sun 28/05/06 at 17:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kawada wrote:
> Steer clear of FFX-2, just a fan-service of a game that didn't
> actually serve anyone.

(Except for me, I thought it was funky and still play it)
Sun 28/05/06 at 15:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Steer clear of FFX-2, just a fan-service of a game that didn't actually serve anyone.

Dragon Quest VIII is quality though.

Other recommendations:

Disgaea
Makai Kingdom
Atelier Iris
Shadow Hearts 2
Suikoden 3

I'm pretty sure they've all come out in Europe

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.