GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had to be done :-D

Steambot Chronicles out this week in Uncle Sam land for all the importers, looking quite tasty even if it is a Action RPG game. Nice Katamari Damacy style controls make it more interesting though
Sat 27/01/07 at 22:11
Regular
"lets go back"
Im back into RPG's (well Final fantasy anyway) so I thought I'd bump this topic.

Up until recently Id only really played FF7 properly.
Around Christmas time I got round to starting FF8 which Ive owned but never palyed for quite some time now. It came with my PS1 when I bought it second hand and I never found time or inclination to start it. I thought it was alright but didnt get very far with it before buying FFX, which I had sampled a few years ago. Seen as a lot of FF is about the story and the music I thought FFX was great because you could hear the speach and the music was great too, its visually superior to FF8 and I thought the story seemed better which makes it more pleasing to play so Ive not touched 8 since.

I have also recently bought FF3 for the DS. I was surprised at how great the graphics are on it for a handheld. Having only owned it (and the DS) for a short period Ive not played it too much yet, but so far think its pretty good.

Having seen some trailers for FFXII which is due to be released soon, Im a little worried about the direction of the franchise. The lack of random battles and the "squad based" look of the game seems much different to the FF that I know. It looked more like Knights of the Old Republic to me. I wont be getting it until Ive finished X anyway and who knows when that will be.

Anyone (especially Kawada) played FFXII and got any comments on it?
Tue 17/10/06 at 20:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
Clean the laser :)
Tue 17/10/06 at 18:00
Regular
My ps2 has just recieved the disc read error, any ways in which i could fix it apart from adjusting the laser?
Tue 17/10/06 at 16:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not played it yet, still too addicted to Oblivion :-D

Although when playing the Japanese version i wasn't too thrilled on the new combat system, though maybe now i'll be understand just what the heck these gambits are and how to use them that may change.

I'm sure the man from Square-Enix is saying "D'OH" (or whatever the Japanese equivalent is) at the game, probably the last big release on the PS2 unless i'm completely forgetting something, being leaked out a good month before release
Tue 17/10/06 at 15:50
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Got FFXII today, let's see if it being in English and being able
> to understand 100% of it actually helps it or whether i'll still
> be negative about it

I know you've just got it but any points about the game that you like or dislike?
Sun 15/10/06 at 14:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Got FFXII today, let's see if it being in English and being able to understand 100% of it actually helps it or whether i'll still be negative about it
Sat 14/10/06 at 22:19
Regular
Maybe rubbish but to the public the FF series is probably the biggest franchise for people who are buying an RPG.

The FF7 would just be the same except with more graphics, it would take over 4 years to make, which wouldn't make any sense. So maybe they might remake it who knows.
Fri 13/10/06 at 17:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
And given the rubbish Square are serving at the moment it's a good thing they aren't planning on a remake as they'd probably screw that up as well
Fri 13/10/06 at 17:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Seifer wrote:
> Also Square-Enix have released a FF7 technical demo for the ps3,
> trailer is interesting, wonder if this will mean a remake of the
> original, who knows.

"Since the Final Fantasy VII tech demo at E3 2005, there have been a lot of rumors about the presentation hinting at an actual remake. While the June 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly confirms the remake for release in 2007, Square Enix has never stated this.

We have however confirmed that development has begun for Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PlayStation 3. These titles are part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Project which also includes a mobile game titled FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII." - Square-Enix, May 23rd, 2006.

"We have confirmed that Final Fantasy XIII is in development, but have NOT confirmed an FF7 remake at any time. The remake has been a popular subject for rumors, but that's all they are." - Square-Enix, June 15th, 2006.
Fri 13/10/06 at 14:52
Regular
Also Square-Enix have released a FF7 technical demo for the ps3, trailer is interesting, wonder if this will mean a remake of the original, who knows.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.