GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had to be done :-D

Steambot Chronicles out this week in Uncle Sam land for all the importers, looking quite tasty even if it is a Action RPG game. Nice Katamari Damacy style controls make it more interesting though
Mon 29/01/07 at 12:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i finally started playing it the other week, it's a good little game and i like the golems aspect, although it does seem to just have ripped that idea off of Eternal Eyes (although a far better game than EE)

Voice acting is pretty funny to, especially Makoto and Atsuma
Mon 29/01/07 at 12:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kawada wrote:
> Chaos wrote:
> I just completed FF VII today. I do not believe there can be a
> better RPG in the world.
>
>
>
> Tis a short list but Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea 2 manage
> it :-)

Suikoden and Skies of Arcadia are on that list in my view. The thing that always made the FF series special for me was their upgrading systems (Materia, Junctioning, Job System, Sphere Grid, hell, even Dress Spheres). These systems always seemed initially baffling until you got the hang of it and realised that there was a great deal of customisation available and could totally change the way you played.

But in terms of collector-fests and tweakiness Suikoden beats it, and in terms of great characters and non-linearity Skies of Arcadia beats it.

Currently I'm still hooked on Phantasy Star Universe (the most non-RPG RPG I've ever played, it's pure hack'n'slash). Waiting for Mass Effect to come out and umm...nope, that's it on my RPG Radar at present.

BTW if any of you still haven't sampled Enchanted Arms I recommend it highly, it's a little gem, albeit a little short and flouncy one.
Mon 29/01/07 at 11:24
Regular
"lets go back"
FFXII sounds rubbish. Ive always liked the turn-based system rather than real time and only controlling one character makes having a party seem pointless.
Mon 29/01/07 at 01:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Chaos wrote:
>
> I've still got to complete it to the full, I've been playing for
> nearly 13 hours (I tried to race through it :D) but I still
> managed a Gold Chocobo, which means Knights of the Round.
>
> Last things on my list:
>
> Emerald and Ruby Weapon
> Get all the level 4 limits
> and get my characters to level 99
>
>
> See you later! =D

I dont think i ever beat Emerald, or Ruby for that matter. I couldn't get Alexander either, you had to do something with the ice maiden up by the crater but it never worked for me. I'm not prepared to give up the next 2 months of my life trying to do those things either.
Sun 28/01/07 at 16:13
Regular
Tactics maybe, disgaea never.
Sun 28/01/07 at 15:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Chaos wrote:

Tis a short list but Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea 2 manage it :-)
Sun 28/01/07 at 13:32
Regular
"Mooching around"
I just completed FF VII today. I do not believe there can be a better RPG in the world.

I've still got to complete it to the full, I've been playing for nearly 13 hours (I tried to race through it :D) but I still managed a Gold Chocobo, which means Knights of the Round.

Last things on my list:

Emerald and Ruby Weapon
Get all the level 4 limits
and get my characters to level 99

See you later! =D
Sun 28/01/07 at 01:18
Regular
"8==="
I should have bought Enchanted Arms by now, I really need a 360 RPG and yet I haven't bought it.

Truely I am a strange being.
Sun 28/01/07 at 01:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Buggerations! Well thats put me off buying it. I was looking forwrd to it as well, it looked very Shakespearean.
Sun 28/01/07 at 00:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FFXII managed to hold my attention for about 12 hours and with the battle system that's quite an achievement (i'm guessing i stuck around for longer due to the bunny girl :-D)

However eventually it got tiresome, it basically took the disadvantages of both a turn based system and hack n slash system and just made one new horrendous battle system out of it. So you have a system where you have to wait around only you're now able to move around in real time, so you just select the option on an opponent and then wait while your character keeps attacking it until it's killed. Meanwhile the computer controls your other characters (which i HATE) and has a lovely habit of drawing other monsters to attack you so instead of fighting one monster you end up battling a group of 5. Lovely.

Others will probably like it as they don't loathe the live action system in RPG's as much as i do but meh, i think it's poor and another to add to the list of poor Square RPG's which is growing by every release

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.