GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had to be done :-D

Steambot Chronicles out this week in Uncle Sam land for all the importers, looking quite tasty even if it is a Action RPG game. Nice Katamari Damacy style controls make it more interesting though
Fri 11/08/06 at 15:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Seifer wrote:
> To be perfectly honest i dont think the second Disgaea will come
> close to matchin the first, ive just got a bad feeling that were
> all going to get let down by this game this time round.

Having played it, there's nothing disappointing about it. It's got everything that was good about Disgaea and chucked a whole load more stuff in to make it even better and the best improvement for me is the ability to skip spell animations making power levelling far less time consuming
Fri 11/08/06 at 10:38
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Final Fantasy X-2
Kill yourself.

Shadow hearts 2
Final fantasy 7-10
Dragon quest, journey of the cursed king.

For some reason I just can't think of any more, even though I've played plenty.......
Thu 10/08/06 at 23:50
Regular
To be perfectly honest i dont think the second Disgaea will come close to matchin the first, ive just got a bad feeling that were all going to get let down by this game this time round.

As for Rogue Galaxy, looks smashing cant wait to get my hands on it, got some information on it from some sources and looks too be quite a handful, cant wait!
Thu 10/08/06 at 23:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
Kawada wrote:
> Be waiting a while for that :-D
>
> FFXII though is out 31st October in Yankee land, still to be
> announced in Europe. My guess would be February

Yay ¬_¬
Thu 10/08/06 at 14:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> All that and not one menu in sight.

Boooooooo

Ah well Enchanted Arms out soon and after a peruse on Gamefaqs for a few minutes last night it is apparently turn based and on a grid which = goodness. Huzzah. Shame Disgaea 2 and Xenosaga 3 come out a week before it though and makes it null and void...... not so huzzah
Thu 10/08/06 at 07:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've been playing Oblivion for the last week and it's lasted pretty well, haven't really touched the main quest yet but instead went off and became an Arena world champion, a Mage, a Thief, a Blade, a member of the Fighter's Guild and a part-time paid Assassin.

I'd estimate that my 36 hour save file has unlocked about 0.0001% of the maps.

The combat is pretty cool once you get used to it. It's not turn based, but as real-time as it gets. Today for example I was attacked by a Goblin and a Timber Wolf. Fortunately I picked up the direction their snarls and growls were coming from, turned, and caught the Goblin on my shield as he swing his 2H Warhammer. This knocked him back and gave me time to hit the Timber Wolf with a fireball just as he was mid-pounce which resulted in a blazing puppy shooting past my shoulder and rolling down dead behind me as I finished off the Goblin with two quick slashes of a sword.

All that and not one menu in sight.

I'm hoping Oblivion will last me until either Rogue Galaxy or Mass Effect turn up, but if it doesn't last that long there's always FFXI to keep me going.
Wed 09/08/06 at 14:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Be waiting a while for that :-D

FFXII though is out 31st October in Yankee land, still to be announced in Europe. My guess would be February
Wed 09/08/06 at 13:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
Just a quick question, is FF XXII already out?
Wed 09/08/06 at 01:52
Regular
Been Playing FullMetal Alchemist recently, got me back into the RPG's, fantastic storyline, decent graphics as you'd expect from this type of game and the gameplay is excellent.

Ive Pre-Ordered Phantasy Star Universe really looking forward to getting my hands on that. Offline and Online mode, should be interesting. Offline mode is offering up to 40 hours of gameplay with plenty of character development while the online mode is suggesting travelling round teaming up with other players, should be good, if you havent checked it out i suggest you do.

Also imported Suikoden V. Just started, interesting so far just hope it stays that way, considering getting my hands on Rogue Galaxy soon, wondering if anyone would know if it would be worth pre-ordering or not?
Wed 14/06/06 at 19:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cruciatum (Fixative) wrote:
> FF XII, I've been told, has the best story line in any FF game
> for a long time... However, I don't like how the turn-based
> fighting has gone completly out the window in it.

Ditto, at least with FFXII it at least pretends to try and still be turn based combat as it does still have the menus and a wait mode, but it just feels weird

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.