GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had to be done :-D

Steambot Chronicles out this week in Uncle Sam land for all the importers, looking quite tasty even if it is a Action RPG game. Nice Katamari Damacy style controls make it more interesting though
Thu 25/05/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had to be done :-D

Steambot Chronicles out this week in Uncle Sam land for all the importers, looking quite tasty even if it is a Action RPG game. Nice Katamari Damacy style controls make it more interesting though
Sat 27/05/06 at 11:41
Regular
I need some recommendations, I haven't played on the PS2 for a long time and the last RPG I did was FFX :( can anyone suggest some really good RPGs?

Thanks. :)
Sun 28/05/06 at 09:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King
Dark Chronicle
Final Fantasy X-2
Champions of Norrath

and if you haven't tried it yet:

Drakkan: The Ancients' Gates
Sun 28/05/06 at 15:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Steer clear of FFX-2, just a fan-service of a game that didn't actually serve anyone.

Dragon Quest VIII is quality though.

Other recommendations:

Disgaea
Makai Kingdom
Atelier Iris
Shadow Hearts 2
Suikoden 3

I'm pretty sure they've all come out in Europe
Sun 28/05/06 at 17:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kawada wrote:
> Steer clear of FFX-2, just a fan-service of a game that didn't
> actually serve anyone.

(Except for me, I thought it was funky and still play it)
Sun 28/05/06 at 21:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Kawada wrote:
> Steer clear of FFX-2, just a fan-service of a game that didn't
> actually serve anyone.

Except FM
Tue 13/06/06 at 18:40
Regular
"Mooching around"
Just to add (because i think this could have potential) Anyone seen the video to FF XIII? Wow was my reaction at first, but then I felt kind of empty... it just feels like square enix are diversifying too much in this series.
Tue 13/06/06 at 22:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mine was a "What the hell?" followed by a sigh as it seems like it's going in the all action direction. Obviously it was only a small trailer and FFXII isn't even out here yet let alone starting to be cynical about FFXIII but it did make my heart sink.

Ah well i stopped caring about the FF franchise ages ago
Wed 14/06/06 at 08:37
Regular
"lets go back"
I didnt get the whole XIII and Vs XIII.

There are two games and they are both set in the same world but do the stories and characters cross or are they completely seperate?

If they are completely different (which is what I think I read) then we could get two different styles of play.

Also, is Kingdom Hearts any good?
Wed 14/06/06 at 14:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well after a quick 2 minutes on gamefaqs i've read FFXIII will be more of a traditional battle system while VS XIII will be more of a Kingdom Hearts style battle system. Could be completely wrong but then i've not really been following it closely.

If you like action RPG's then KH is a good game, however if you're like me and absolutely loathe that system, finding it boring and requiring zero skill then stay away from it. I only played KH2 for about 30 minutes and had to switch it off after hearing Seifer say *You're just mad because we totally owned you lamers*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.