GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucky Lucky Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 21:52
Regular
With that type of luck you know Arsenal are gonna win the league now...

Kanoute's shot blatently passed the line, and West Ham should have gone in at half-time 1-0 up. Another big call for TV evidence to be used in situations like this. Stuff like that can decide the premiership championship.
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:00
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I do hope you didn't include me with those prawn-sandwich eaters =P
Besides, Arsenal haven't had the mandatory mid-season "blip", as both us and Man Utd have. And it wasn't so much that 1 piece of luck you had last night, it's the fact that it will have a huge say in the title race, one which will ultimately stop us or the Mancs having any real chance of winning it. That ref should be relegated to Div.1 next season, complacency on such a large scale shouldn't be tolerated.
Thu 25/04/02 at 12:06
"High polygon count"
Yes, of course we're lucky, lucky Arsenal.

"Lucky" we've had so many injuries this season that we've only fielded a first-choice 11 on four occasions.

"Lucky" when Graham Poll decided to send of Van Bronkhorst against Newcastle for nothing whatsoever, costing us a game we were bossing.

"Lucky" when Wiltord had a goal disallowed (forget against who) for offside, despite being clearly a yard onside.

Swings and roundabouts. Yes, we had some good fortune last night. All I can say is: It's about bloody time.

We will never know if the West Ham "goal that wasn't" would have affected the result. Remember, we were 2-0 down at home to Villa a few weeks ago, who played more attacking football than West Ham did last night - and we still won 3-2. So saying that the 'goal' would have changed the game is nonsense.

For FS give credit where it's due. Had it been United, you'd all be crowing about how well you did to keep plugging away and wearing them down, never giving up until the final whistle.

Of course, you weren't at all lucky that Solskjaer's bungled shot went in off a Bayer defender for your first goal, were you?

This is a typical reaction, showing the arrogance and lack of generosity that gets United and their supporters disliked by so many.

But then I suppose it is a good way of diverting attention from United's dire performance last night, against a team we hammered 4-1.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:53
Regular
"smile, it's free"
GasMask wrote:
> We were poor, and we kept on fowling and getting away with it, dirty
> really.

Really? I must have missed the bit where we went chicken hunting...
Thu 25/04/02 at 07:58
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Lucky Lucky..

Didn't he take that penalty well..

Well, when were were attacking, we didnt have enough support, and they had loads back, when they were attacking, they attacked in numbers, and our poor defense couldn't do much. Solskjear on the right? Giggsy's runs wern't sucsessful, most wern't anyway. Gary Neville broke a metatarsle/carsle. I forget which is which, one are in hands, the other it in the foot. Ahh! Why wasn't Van man playing with Solskjear up front? Scholes should of been playing attacking mid.

We were poor, and we kept on fowling and getting away with it, dirty really. But,

"UNITED, UNITED!"
Wed 24/04/02 at 23:25
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Yeah, credit where its due, that was THE perfect penalty.

(ortega, could you go on MSN for 5mins?)
Wed 24/04/02 at 23:22
Regular
Not too sure, It looked to me that Van Man was falling to the ground before the challenge....

Nice Penalty though....
Wed 24/04/02 at 23:10
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
What did you think of tonights penalty for the Van man? Since the Leverkusen player got the ball, I think it was pretty harsh
Wed 24/04/02 at 23:02
Regular
Although Houllier lost the plot when he tried playing some attacking football by taking off Hamann against Leverkusen....
Wed 24/04/02 at 22:57
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Grandprix wrote:

>...Liverpool are playing to their strengths...

That is exactly it. I couldn't have put it beter myself.
Wed 24/04/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm a Liverpool fan and I really don't want Man Utd to win the title. I'm sick of them lifting the title every year.

Liverpool may play a boring game but you can't argue with results. They do need a creative player that will break teams apart. At the moment, Liverpool are playing to their strengths.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.