GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unbelievably Infuriating"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 22:54
Regular
Maybe this forum isn't the place for this...no, actually, I think it is.

I went to play football tonight with some friends from my Christian Youth Group, and unfortunately, some people from Queens Park (basically the poor estate where all the idiots live.)

It was a good night, I played reasonably well and it's always a joy to just play a good game of football. But just one person had to ruin it.

I came prepared. I brought a drink. This guy, Kyle I think (or Arsewipe as I call him) tried to intimidate me, knowing I wouldn't do anything. He then intimidaded my mate, who's about twice his size, proving his stupidity.

Now, I didn't like him before tonight. He smokes (nothing wrong with that, but he's only 14 years old), he has his ear pierced and is basically a punk. He's always got this sly look on his face which really annoys me...

Fortunately, I was on the opposite team. And you know what I did? I took his legs out, the son of a w***e. He had the ball, and I was suddenly filled with rage. I sprinted towards him (I'm pretty fast so I wouldn't of been able to stop myself anyway) and a while before I got to him he played the ball. However, I didn't stop. About 2 seconds later I smashed into him, my right leg sticking out. I took both his legs from underneath him and he landed harshly on the ground. He didn't say anything, probably too scared when it finally comes down to it.

I was smiling gleefully, until the end of the match. I didn't get the chance to have a drink during the match so I was looking forward to finding my bottle. I heard a conversation from a few metres away.

"What's that on the ground?"

It was Arsewipe who replied, "Looks like someone's taken a pi$s. Oh no, wait," he looked at me smugly, "that's your drink."

I found my bottle, completely empty. B*****d. I'm 99% sure it was him, that piece of crap. Of course, as always, I didn't say anything. I'm just glad he's going home tonight to his council house, where his Dad will probably beat him up, if he hasn't already left.

Grrrrrrr...
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Now I'm really confused by this whole thing.

Do I believe in the existence of god?
Nope.
I choose to believe we form our own morals and make what we choose of life.

I could be wrong though.
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:23
Regular
"not dead"
I, for one, do believe that Goatboy has a pen there, given my assumption that e is today in an office environment.

However, I don't believe that God exists. Though I have no evidence either way for the pen or God, just my assumpions to help me form beliefs.
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes, but even if I tell you it exists if you can't see it.
The only proof you have is that I told you.
It requires belief on your part.

(I think, bear with me on this one, it confuses me too)

You can't see it, you can't say for certain that it's even here with me, only me telling you about it creates the notion it exists for you.
Whether you choose to believe me or not is the only way that, for you, my pen exists.

The same with God, I think.
You believe without proof, only a belief? Then for you, it does exist.
Doesn't make it so.
But it also doesn't make it untrue.

I think only until you see it for yourself, will you know whether or not it does exist.
And that's the whole thing about faith/belief.
It requires trust and the acceptance of someone else's word about the existence of something.
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Goatboy wrote:
...this pen in front of me, for me it exists. You can't see it, therefore for you it doesn't exist. It's just a matter of personal belief.

Trying not to be picky but I fail to understand this fully. Surely it has always existed, its just that until I was told, I didn't know about it?

In other words, rather than saying 'for me it does not exist', it should be 'I did not know it existed'. Same for God, surely he either exists or he does not - independent of whether you believe/know about him?
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
zaphod beeblebrox wrote:
> singing "goatboy he is a goat boy half goat half boy"

Just #### off you utter, utter moron.
A good thread from intelligent people and you have to spam it.

Shame on you.
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:02
singing "goatboy he is a goat boy half goat half boy"
Fri 19/04/02 at 11:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ant wrote:
I think people like Goatboy would agree with me,
> I've had a couple of religious debates with him in the past and I feel
> I respected his views.
--

Absolutely.
Ant is a practicing Christian.
I'm not in any way religious.
But we've both tried to explain to each other why we think the way we do, and although neither of us see this world through similar eyes, he listened to my views and ideas and I listened to his.

He may be right, I just don't know.
I may be right, he just doesn't know.
It works for him to believe in God and I respect that because he doesn't try and convince everyone else they're wrong for being non-believers.
He goes about his business in the best way he can, according to his religious beliefs.
I would rather be in a world with religious people that don't wander about causing harm and unhapiness than I would with agnostics that are out for their own ends.
He leaves me alone to say "I don't believe in God" and doesn't give me grief about it.
I leave him alone to say "I believe in God" and don't give him any stick grief about it.

That's how I wish this world would behave and act:
"I do not agree with you"
"And I do not agree with you"
"Fair enough"
"Cool"

No problems that way.
But you get religious zealots that use their beliefs as a basis for hatred, just as you get non-believers using their ideas as a basis for hatred.
Nobody seems able to say "You know what? I just can't say for sure if there is a God or not"
It's "There IS/There ISN'T" and wars start.

Ant believes and acts accordingly. Therefore God exists for Ant.
I don't believe and dont give it 2nd thought, therefore God does not exist for me.

It's a simple idea. Does God exist?
Depends if you believe. Same way that I see this pen in front of me, for me it exists. You can't see it, therefore for you it doesn't exist.
It's just a matter of personal belief.
Fri 19/04/02 at 08:16
Regular
Ant wrote:

Now, I didn't like him before tonight. He smokes (nothing wrong with that, but he's only 14 years old), he has his ear pierced and is basically a punk. He's always got this sly look on his face which really annoys me...

--

Thats the bit that I was referring to. You sound so judgemental. He's got an earring! No! He smokes, just like half of people his age! Must be the Devil then.

I'm not saying don't have a religion, but you seem to think more highly of yourself because you don't "Indulge" in things you think are low. I bet you won't drink underage. Perhaps you'll never drink. That's fine, but that doesn't give you any right to say that those of us that do are wrong. Do you see what I'm saying? I'm being a bit obscure.
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:36
Regular
I'd have to go with that you were in the wrong too, but it's a damn hard position to be in - i've been there too. In fact, i expect everyone here has. People treat you, or people you care about, badly and of course you want revenge. I guess you just have to learn from your mistakes, try not to make them again. And realise that nobody's perfect.

Maybe one of those w. w. j. d. (what would jesus do) writbands would help, just to remind you when you get caught up in the moment. If you see them anywhere, get me one too?
: )
Thu 18/04/02 at 22:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, here's my final view on this after thinking about it for a while, and I hope all of you, especially Snuggly and Stryke can take this into account.

After re-reading it I think Snuggly was right in a way, I did do the wrong thing. I let rage and anger get the better of me, and I shouldn't have done. It wasn't the right thing to do.

But I do need to say, this guy...you know, I look at him and how he treats others and I think it's a waste of a human heart. Hopefully he can change his ways, but I don't see him going far like this. Please trust me on this, you don't know this guy and I do. When I wrote this it was just after the incident, and yes Stryke it does appear as though I was hypocritical. But at the time, and even a tiny bit now I still feel he deserved what he got. Which to be honest, wasn't as bad as I made out to be. But those aside, I was wrong.

As for what Stryke has said (or from what I can understand of it)...I disagree. It's as though you're saying because I'm religious, I'm obliged to have no view on others opinions. Yes, in a lot of my posts in this forum most of my views are based on my religion, but I don't think I've ever insulted a non-believer, or thrown my beliefs down people's throats. I think people like Goatboy would agree with me, I've had a couple of religious debates with him in the past and I feel I respected his views.

If I ever am, or have been 'rascist' against others views then I apologise profusely, as I have no problem with other people's beliefs.

I hope I have made my thoughts clear, and if I have misunderstood you Stryke then please let me know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.