GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unbelievably Infuriating"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 22:54
Regular
Maybe this forum isn't the place for this...no, actually, I think it is.

I went to play football tonight with some friends from my Christian Youth Group, and unfortunately, some people from Queens Park (basically the poor estate where all the idiots live.)

It was a good night, I played reasonably well and it's always a joy to just play a good game of football. But just one person had to ruin it.

I came prepared. I brought a drink. This guy, Kyle I think (or Arsewipe as I call him) tried to intimidate me, knowing I wouldn't do anything. He then intimidaded my mate, who's about twice his size, proving his stupidity.

Now, I didn't like him before tonight. He smokes (nothing wrong with that, but he's only 14 years old), he has his ear pierced and is basically a punk. He's always got this sly look on his face which really annoys me...

Fortunately, I was on the opposite team. And you know what I did? I took his legs out, the son of a w***e. He had the ball, and I was suddenly filled with rage. I sprinted towards him (I'm pretty fast so I wouldn't of been able to stop myself anyway) and a while before I got to him he played the ball. However, I didn't stop. About 2 seconds later I smashed into him, my right leg sticking out. I took both his legs from underneath him and he landed harshly on the ground. He didn't say anything, probably too scared when it finally comes down to it.

I was smiling gleefully, until the end of the match. I didn't get the chance to have a drink during the match so I was looking forward to finding my bottle. I heard a conversation from a few metres away.

"What's that on the ground?"

It was Arsewipe who replied, "Looks like someone's taken a pi$s. Oh no, wait," he looked at me smugly, "that's your drink."

I found my bottle, completely empty. B*****d. I'm 99% sure it was him, that piece of crap. Of course, as always, I didn't say anything. I'm just glad he's going home tonight to his council house, where his Dad will probably beat him up, if he hasn't already left.

Grrrrrrr...
Fri 19/04/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Wise words Grix

Sorry I cant continue this discussion but the A14 and home beckon.
Fri 19/04/02 at 17:13
Regular
Yup. If a Christian belives in enjoying their life and making life better for others, and a atheist belives in enjoying life, and making life better for others, there be no difference.

And Ant, we're not better than you. You can't force maturity on yourself, so don't try too hard at it.
Fri 19/04/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Goatboy wrote:

And I say it again and again:
Just because I'm non-committal to the idea of a god, doesn't mean I
absolutely refuse to entertain the idea.
I just don't have enough faith or belief to alter my views or change
my life to fit in with that.

And that is totally cool. I am not going to try and force my opinions and beliefs on anybody. We all do what we feel we need to do and believe what we feel we need to believe in to help us get through.
Fri 19/04/02 at 17:07
Regular
"That's right!"
Ant, you bad boy ;)

I personally don't bother wasting my time on radgies (definition of that kid) because they always have an older brother/cousin/dad/stepdad who is just like them only bigger and harder.

So I use my wit to run rings around their pitiful minds (very small rings, admittidly, heh)
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ant wrote:
However people like Goatboy, Meka, Grix
> etc. never seem to, which is why sometimes I think they're higher than
> me

---

I'm higher than nobody.
And nobody is higher than you.
Apart from God if you believe in that.
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:56
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:

"Do you feel sometimes you're unfit to be a Christian? You sound a bit like it..."

LOL

Must remember to read through posts properly... :0D

You know what I mean. You sound as if you THINK you're unfit to be one. :0)
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And again I agree with nh and Ant.

It's not like I actively try and disprove the existence of a god, it's my personal choice to not believe.
What the next person to me thinks is of no concern to me (I mean that in the nicest way).
Christian, Catholic, Hindu, Buddhist...doesn't matter at all to me.

The only people I judge are fools.
Non-denominational bigoted morons.
Be it religious folk that tell me I am damned for not believing or non-religious folk trying to tell those that do believe that they are wrong.

Just relax, worship whoever you want to and make the most of your life in the best way you see fit.
You wish to place faith in a deity?
Fantastic, I'm really happy that you've found something that helps you to get by and understand/cope with life.
I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong to do so just because I take a different path.

And I say it again and again:
Just because I'm non-committal to the idea of a god, doesn't mean I absolutely refuse to entertain the idea.
I just don't have enough faith or belief to alter my views or change my life to fit in with that.
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:54
Regular
Haven't read this all yet, I will, I promise.

One question for you Ant. Do you feel sometimes you're unfit to be a Christian? You sound a bit like it... I mean, from the way you see some of us as higher than you, and we're not Christians, do you question yourself that way?

I'll be back later.
Fri 19/04/02 at 16:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
It’s taken me ages to work out what to add to this next…

I think the point here is that in your original post you are showing people that you are no different. People have the perception that because you are a Christian you act differently, do things differently, talk differently, dress differently.

Maybe we do do some things in a different way, we still swear but maybe not as much, and we go to church and pray. We still play Football and take people out with two footed tackles when they wind us up !

I play the guitar and sing in our church music group, our church is Anglo Catholic - oh high church I hear people say – I go to church wearing my Reeboks and Levi’s and whatever t shirt is ready to wear, "Sunday best" is for people who go to church because that’s what you do on a Sunday, not for people who actually have faith that being who you are is what it is all about . I think that makes sense !

Ant, you are who you are, you believe what you believe and nothing or nobody can change that or take that away from you.

Nobody will be able to prove to me that God does not exist because I know full well he does.

I’m losing mythread now so better stop.
Fri 19/04/02 at 15:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
Wow...this topic has become a civilised religious debate. Very nice.

First I'll reply to Stryke. I already have drunk underage, but that's not really the point. I'm not sure, but I don't think God has anything too much against drink or smoking, as long as you don't become obsessed with it.

I guess I did sort of sound judgemental, but I didn't mean to. Do I think of myself higher than others? I hope not. It's hard to explain...I mean, I might get myself into trouble here, but people who are the scum of the Earth...*usually*, I would say that they aren't Christians. Agh...how can I put this. Take Goatboy, do I think I'm higher than him? No, he is obviously a great person, who has his own morals and takes into account everyone's viewpoint.

I've made a few mistakes on these forums, mainly when my emotions get the better of me. This topic could be an example, althouh it was based on something I did outside. However people like Goatboy, Meka, Grix etc. never seem to, which is why sometimes I think they're higher than me. My beliefs don't come into it. They're non-Christians, fine. Doesn't make them bad people, or any "lower" than me.

The guy I was talking about in this topic is different. He's nothing like you guys. He doesn't respect, or even care about others opinions. I'm sorry if I did sound judgemental, but I assure you I wasn't trying to be...or maybe I was, I don't know. I was so affected by my rage I could've written anything. I must also apologise for my language, SR.

Anyway...enough of that. If you think I judge people because of my religion then fine Stryke, you can think that. I don't mind, as long as you don't hold some massive, personal grudge against me. {:)

Anyway...I'm a lot like nh. I talk to God everyday, and I can always sense his presence. It's amazing how he affects my life, and it's just impossible for me to even think he doesn't exist. Even when I'm in bad times, I just know he's there, and that there's a reason for this.

I guess it's like Goatboy, but with the beliefs swapper around. I'm not sure if anything could change his belief, unless God made a massive impact on him, and even then I reckon there would be doubt. Same for me, if they found conclusive proof God doesn't exist then...well it's hard to explain, but I'd still know he was there.

But anyway, it's great to see that everyone seems to respect everyone else's beliefs. Maybe sometimes I don't, but no one's perfect, right? Sorry, babbling on now...must go, parents shouting at me. {:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.