GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unbelievably Infuriating"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 22:54
Regular
Maybe this forum isn't the place for this...no, actually, I think it is.

I went to play football tonight with some friends from my Christian Youth Group, and unfortunately, some people from Queens Park (basically the poor estate where all the idiots live.)

It was a good night, I played reasonably well and it's always a joy to just play a good game of football. But just one person had to ruin it.

I came prepared. I brought a drink. This guy, Kyle I think (or Arsewipe as I call him) tried to intimidate me, knowing I wouldn't do anything. He then intimidaded my mate, who's about twice his size, proving his stupidity.

Now, I didn't like him before tonight. He smokes (nothing wrong with that, but he's only 14 years old), he has his ear pierced and is basically a punk. He's always got this sly look on his face which really annoys me...

Fortunately, I was on the opposite team. And you know what I did? I took his legs out, the son of a w***e. He had the ball, and I was suddenly filled with rage. I sprinted towards him (I'm pretty fast so I wouldn't of been able to stop myself anyway) and a while before I got to him he played the ball. However, I didn't stop. About 2 seconds later I smashed into him, my right leg sticking out. I took both his legs from underneath him and he landed harshly on the ground. He didn't say anything, probably too scared when it finally comes down to it.

I was smiling gleefully, until the end of the match. I didn't get the chance to have a drink during the match so I was looking forward to finding my bottle. I heard a conversation from a few metres away.

"What's that on the ground?"

It was Arsewipe who replied, "Looks like someone's taken a pi$s. Oh no, wait," he looked at me smugly, "that's your drink."

I found my bottle, completely empty. B*****d. I'm 99% sure it was him, that piece of crap. Of course, as always, I didn't say anything. I'm just glad he's going home tonight to his council house, where his Dad will probably beat him up, if he hasn't already left.

Grrrrrrr...
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hehe, thanks for the info Gangsta, I'll keep your points in mind.
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:36
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Ant wrote:
> First I'll reply to Stryke. I already have drunk underage, but that's
> not really the point. I'm not sure, but I don't think God has anything
> too much against drink or smoking, as long as you don't become
> obsessed with it.

I have studied the bible a bit and I know quite a lot about it so I thought I would answer this (from my interpretation of the scriptures)

Drink - Jesus' first miracle was to turn water into wine. It ran out during a celebration and Jesus turned normal water into 'the finest wine'. If God disapproved of drinking, I doubt he would have allowd his own son to perform that miracle. The under age thing is irrelevant in my opinion - its a law introduced by modern governments not by God. I suppose you could argue that a proper chrisian would abide by all laws of the government but thats another debate.
It does say however, that drunkards will not inherit God's kingdom so I see it as God would allow 'alcohol in moderation'.

Smoking - the bible says that you should not defile your body but present it as a pure sacrifice to God. There is no doubt that smoking 'defiles the body'. In my opinion therefore, a christian would not smoke. Having said this, it seems that 90% of christians these days would disagree with me.

As i said, my interpretation of the bible, not strict guidelines for christians. Don't get annoyed if you disagree :D
Mon 22/04/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
nh wrote:
accept it and carry on doing as you do
> without getting yourself all wrapped up in guilt.
--

Yeah, leave the guilt thing for the Catholics.
Mon 22/04/02 at 09:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Of course you can fight back Ant, you are human. All the "turn the other cheek stuff" is all when and good when preached from the pulpit and it all sounds very good, but in the heat of the moment we act as we do.

Am I supposed to ignore the idiots who carve me up on the roads just because I am a Christian, No, I will honk my horn, swaer at tham and give them the bird just like anybody else will. The difference is though that I have a consciuons(sp?)and will feel guilty about the way I react to certain things.

That is exactly what you have done here, you reacted the way anybody would have and beacause of your beliefs you felt guilty afterwards. You are Human Ant so just accept it and carry on doing as you do without getting yourself all wrapped up in guilt.
Sat 20/04/02 at 09:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm sure it has been said but very Christian of you Ant... hey you
> mentioned it with your Christian club thing.
>

So because I'm a Christian, I'm not allowed to fight back? Maybe I went over the top this time, but it seems as though you're implying anything I do to someone else that makes them unhappy is "not very Christian of me." Of course it wouldn't be if I just went round killing non-believers, or raving and ranting at Jews, Hindus etc. but being a Christian doesn't mean that I'm perfect, and nor will it make me perfect.

Rant over...for a bit, anyway.
Fri 19/04/02 at 21:23
Regular
"That's right!"
SHEEPY wrote:

> Anyway I felt sorry for them... going home to the crap part of town,
> to an unstable family... you shouldn't take pleasure in thatm it is
> probably why he has grown up like that and he won't have much of a
> future.

---------

Yeah, I feel a bit guilty, the majority of my school is made up of people like that, but I know there's plenty of manual labour jobs out there for them so it's OK, heh
Fri 19/04/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm

Growing up at school in the worst class and the people like you mentioned I know what it feels like...

However, it was usually me that got my head kicked in playing football and I never did much... just my way of dealing... standing up for youself against that lot my a**e.

Anyway I felt sorry for them... going home to the crap part of town, to an unstable family... you shouldn't take pleasure in thatm it is probably why he has grown up like that and he won't have much of a future.

I'm sure it has been said but very Christian of you Ant... hey you mentioned it with your Christian club thing.

Hmmm
Fri 19/04/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I don't know if religion comes into this original situation.

The kid sounds like a loser, you took him down and it made you feel good for getting back at someone who makes your life a misery.

That, my friend, is justice.
And I know God would be all for that.
Well, the Old Testament God anyway.
Fri 19/04/02 at 18:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Goatboy wrote:
The only people I judge are fools.
> Non-denominational bigoted morons.
> Be it religious folk that tell me I am damned for not believing or
> non-religious folk trying to tell those that do believe that they are
> wrong.

Heh, this is sort of what I was saying to Stryke. Yes, I was wrong to do that to the boy, but if I do ever judge anyone it would only be someone like this.
Fri 19/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
Goatboy wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> However people like Goatboy, Meka, Grix
> etc. never seem to, which is why sometimes I think they're higher
> than
> me
>
> ---
>
> I'm higher than nobody.
> And nobody is higher than you.
> Apart from God if you believe in that.

I know you're not, I just end up thinking that sometimes. {:) As Grix said, it's probably my age that makes me feel that way.

And in reply to Grix...sometimes I do feel like that. I mean, everytime I do something badly wrong I feel like that. I don't let it control my life because I'm most certainly not a great person. Like nh said, we still do 'normal' things, if you know what I mean.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.