GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox- the worst console ever"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:20
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Quinty, for christ sake, do you not understand the words SARCASM or JOKE??? I cant believe you are NOW beginning to insult my intelligence.

Can we stop writing any more crap because its pointless. (yes, that includes me too)
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:22
Regular
where the hell have i insulted your intelligence?

and for crikeys sake man take a hint: this subject is over
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
That ends it then!!!
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
u said:

"its an expression. no wait you would not understand that would you.

especially as it seems the only vocabulary you use is "xbox is rubbish"
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:26
Regular
meh i dont care
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Good!!!
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Quinty wrote:
> meh i dont care

Well done Millner. Looks like he has no comeback. He's conceeded. He's lost. You've won.

And yes, it was about winning and losing. Quinty, you lose!
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:39
I don't think Xbox is the worst console ever and everyone hates the new controller, but I actually thought it was very comfortable.
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:47
Milner, does that mean that the wedding is off? You are a complete idiot that does not deserve any respect at all! Both Tom and I have discussed things about the X-BOX and come on here regularly and we have a damn site more respect than you! Your earlier speach sort of tolds us what you are! A JERK! If you do not think anything can be achieved on this forum then BYE becuase I don't want you for one!
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
The X-Box looks quite good I must admit. I love MSR so I'm desperate to play Project Gotham, and Halo looks good too. DOA3 though, won't be the best beat 'em up available. DOA2 I owned on the DC and although good, it didn't have the depth to compete with Soul Calibur, which I also owned.

However, the pad does look a bit bulky. I have never held one myself, but I have seen it and it does look big. The console as well, is massive although I wouldn't really see this as a problem. It'd fit where I put my consoles so it is small enough.

Anyway, the price is the main thing I don't like, and considering the price of all the consoles, I think X-Box is the worst choice.

Microsoft can't even argue that the high price is due to DVD playback either as you need to spend an extra 30 quid to even play DVDs.

1st place - GameCube
2nd place - PS2
3rd place - GBA
4th place - Game Boy Colour
5th place - X-Box

Only kidding. GBA is a waste of space. X-Box comes in third. In my opinion!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.