GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox- the worst console ever"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MetalGear2King wrote:
> I own a psone as well and I knew the quality that they delivered.

But PS1 is crap!

Anyway, PS2 was hardly a strong console when it was first released and you must have known that the RRP was 300 quid. If you didn't you're an idiot. If you did, you're still an idiot for buying it at that price. Basically, you're an idiot.

I know someone who bought a PS2 on release and went into debt because of it. It took him about 3 months to get out of debt, and then another month or so to actually make enough money to buy his first game. So what was the point of him buying a PS2 so early in the first place?! If he had waited, the price would have dropped. He didn't so he had no games for about 4 months. What was the use of his PS2? He already had a DVD player. And don't say the demo disc!

Another of my friends was clever. He bought one for 300 quid on release. He sold it shortly after for a grand. He then bought a PS2 2 months later with plenty of games and he still had loads of money left.
Sun 14/04/02 at 15:32
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Milner wrote:
> This is directed at MetalGear2Queen, oh sorry king!!
>
> 1. I am reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy offended by you calling me a moron
> newbie, maybe you are threatened that somehow others can be better
> than you!
>

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeealllllllllllyyyyyyyy offended at you calling my brand new Xbox rubbish.

> 2. About EVERYONE buying and selling their playstation2`s at the time
> of release. NOT ME, therefore this does not mean EVERYONE, therefore
> YOU need to get your facts straight.
>

Saying "everyone" is a common phrase. But you are taking it liturally, and you know it. Pathetic.

> 3. I`m glad to see you wasted £200 on nothing, only an idiot
> like you deserves that.
>

Well, I'm sure MetalGear2king could say he is offended after you calling him an idiot.

> 4. Friendships???, only losers actually make friends here!!!
>

Believe it or not, people on this forum are REAL people. Therfore they have REAL feelings, thoughts, and emeotions. So it is perfectly plausable to make friends on these forums. Just like sending a letter to your best loved realative in the USA, who you never see. It doesn't mean you can't talk to them.

> 5. About calling me a muppet, do you actually think that offends
> me?
>

Well, you were offended when he called you a moron. Enough said.

> 6. How on earth are people supposed to join these discussions without
> going through the newbie stage???, you must be thick to understand
> that because at one point you were one.
>

Yes, but people can still be respected as a newbie. I know a lot of people that are, such as Axel. You just need to earn it. And some people were never newbies.

> 7. I dont like you an I dont think anyone else here does either

Same for you. He has more respect than you do.
Sun 14/04/02 at 15:37
Regular
being a newbie is not that hard milner. look at seinfield_enthusiast, he has already earnt a large amount of respect from some people on these forums. how did he do that? well for starter he didnt go posting the stereotypical "the xbox is ****"

for crikeys sake leave this ruddy console alone! im sick of it!
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Tom:

At no point did I say the words "the X BOX" is rubbish, anyway how can I, when I havnt played one??? I was just basing an opinion from actual facts.

I dont want to earn respect, everyones opinion counts, thats the whole point of discussion. If new opinions do not count then I could say its being disrespectful towards them.

You are being just as bad as me and metalgear2king because you have actually spent time trying to insult me. (refer to the mocking of "reeeeeeaaaaalllllyy")

And anyway why have you become involved?

Have you heard of sarcasm too?
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:04
Regular
milner:

tom has become involved as in your own famous last words you said "everyones opinion counts"

just stop being a hypocrite and just leave it eh?
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:09
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
when did my last words become famous?
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:10
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I have become involved because this thread is saying that the Xbox is the worst console ever. When it isn't. (look at the bloody Jaguar!). I own an Xbox, so I don't want to sit down, and watch people insult it.

I agree, you didn't say it is rubbish. And I'm sorry for saying that. But you did say "youve made a BIG mistake buying an X BOX" Which, I could take as offence.

Yes, I am as bad as you and Metalgear2kind. But I couldn't give a stuff. Because (in my opinion) metalgear2kind and you haven't done much wrong, so why would I care about being as bad as you. I'm sorry for mocking your "reaaaallllllyyyyy" I got carried away.

I am in the wrong, for good reasons.
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:10
Regular
its an expression. no wait you would not understand that would you.

especially as it seems the only vocabulary you use is "xbox is rubbish"
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
quinty - what the f? get your facts striaght.

I am sorry too Tom, I didnt exactly want an arguement about it either. The thing I said about the X BOX was out of anger to annoy metalgear2king, why do people take things literally word for word around here?
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:19
Regular
look milner, i come on here to talk games, sport etc and have a laugh.

i dont come here to argue. stop persisting in arguing, the subject is over.

lets all be friends :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.