GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox- the worst console ever"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:16
Regular
This should really be in Microsoft forum or FOG chat
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:23
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Although I have a ps2 and love it to bits I wouldn't say that the x-box is rubbish because it isn't. People have different tastes and that's how they determine what console they but you obviously hate the x-box so you will not buy it. But just remember if it is rubbish then why would millions of people brought it???....
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:24
Regular
I have a PS2 and I think that Xbox isn't rubbish but I would rather have a Gamecube and PS2
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:41
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
zero, you are obviously a complete gimp. And to be honest, I have no time for people like you.
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:34
Zero you are a complete GIMP! You haven't actually mentioned that you have played on the console! You have no evidence that the other consoles will do better. Microsoft are a class company that always have and always will deliver the BEST! I have played consoles for 10yrs + and owned everyone and I amselling my PS2 for an X-BOX becuase I know personally that the X-BOX will come off the better of the nxt-gen consoles due to extensive research and play testing! Halo the only good launch title? LOL, hahaha, do you remember the PS2 and the launch of that, you might fail to remember that it was slated and put down from everyone! The X-BOX has not been put down by anyone other than GIMPS, like you! let me show you this:

Some of the X-BOX Launch titles:

HALO
MAX PAYNE
MUNCH's ODDYSEY
DEAD OR ALIVE 3
PROJECT GOTHAM RACING
WRECKLESS
AMPED
JET SET RADIO FUTURE

You pathetic moron, are you telling me that HALO is the only good launch title out of all of those becuase you ar WRONG! Did you fail to notice all of those other games on there or did you just follow the last sheep that said "HALO IS THE ONLY GOOD GAME AND DON'T GET AN X-BOX BECUASE THEY ARE BIG"! How thick can you get, size does not effect the performance and just goes to show how much you know!

When the PS2 was launched do you remember the price £499 without Hard Drive or game! You faild to notice that they haven't announced a price drop yet because it has ONLY just gone world wide!

Don't come on here saying pathetic non-sense without any solid evidence! Sorry TOM but I had to say something to shut this moron up for good!

It is people like you that shouldn't be let loose on the streets, never mind setting up a DECENT discussion, get some evidence and I will argue with you but unil then I will walk away in disgust!
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:41
Also may I add that both MGS2 and GTA3 are coming onto the X-BOX but with enhancements!
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:30
It is not the wost ever, just ( in my humble opinion) the worst of the next gen's. i would rather spent time on a xbox than say a nes or a playstation.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Metalgear man - sorry to correct you mate but before you start your "slagging off" again, I would like to say the playstation 2 was priced £299 at launch!!!, how do I know?, because I bought one on the day!

Just to annoy you, just look at the sales for the X BOX so far, would you really think it could surpass the PS2? In Japan, the Dreamcast is still outselling the X BOX - What do u say to that. And by the way I know where your anger has come from, its your conscience telling you that youve made a BIG mistake buying an X BOX. You are just trying to defend it because you want to assure yourself that youve made the right choice.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
£499 for a playstation2 - "SOLID EVIDENCE" - YEah right!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.