GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Activision bought Rare?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 14:13
Regular
http://c64.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1658

Check out this latest rumour - apparently, Activision have just bought Rare. These are currently rumours, so here's your challenge - go find me some evidence! Scour news sites, find me some info! Help the News Monkey break this story to the world! Report back here and let me know if you find out anything, ANYTHING at all about this story.

Fly me pretties, fly!
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
http://c64.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1658

Check out this latest rumour - apparently, Activision have just bought Rare. These are currently rumours, so here's your challenge - go find me some evidence! Scour news sites, find me some info! Help the News Monkey break this story to the world! Report back here and let me know if you find out anything, ANYTHING at all about this story.

Fly me pretties, fly!
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:15
"High polygon count"
It would make more sense of 'that' Xmas card (presumably they'd have known about it some time ago).

But let's not jump to conclusions!
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:46
Regular
Nintendo own quite a percentage of Rare already so I doubt it's true.....I hope not anyway...
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:52
Regular
Can't find anything on the rarely updated Rareware site nor Activisions site...
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:53
Regular
"not dead"
It's not like they're being bought to be a second party for anyone else, so I don't care.

Though I doubt Activision would buy them, because, wellActivision can't be THAT well off, and Nintendo own most of Rare's kit, so they'd have to put an awful lot of funding into it.
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:53
"High polygon count"
"Buy out" would mean buying Nintendo's share, obviously - so that may be irrelevant.
Thu 11/04/02 at 15:14
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
i'm a little tick about this.. if true that is
Thu 11/04/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's all a lie.

Konami has bought Rare, Nintendo has bought Microsoft and I bought a microwaveable kebab from the garage.

It was excellent
Thu 11/04/02 at 15:19
Regular
"not dead"
A pants kebab?

What would you know anyway, only a few months ago you were saying that Rare were making a Rocky game for the PS2.

;-P
Thu 11/04/02 at 15:21
Regular
Microwavable kebabs taste like s***e.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.