GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unresolved email issues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/11/14 at 12:44
Regular
Q : How long does it take freeola to resolve email issues?

Only asking because its a week since i logged the issue on the contact me site and no one has bothered to respond
Mon 29/12/14 at 15:47
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
@DL: Just tested the only account within your login that uses mail.freeola.net and this seems to be working fine after your test e-mail a short while ago.

If your problem account is different to this one, please put in a Support Ticket with this information and we can look into it further for you.
Mon 29/12/14 at 15:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
This is because you have no mail yet. A new server is now in place. Send your addresses some mail and then try receiving bit and this issue should disappear.

Nope ... just checked Eccles, still getting ....

" Account: '*******', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR chdir /Freeola_Mail/freeola/users/4/2/sr*****.mail/001/ failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 "
Mon 29/12/14 at 15:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
@billiam: As explained below, once your e-mail accounts have received a direct message they should start working again for all future messages. I have edited your post to remove the personal information.

@pete: At least the important ones are coming through :)
Mon 29/12/14 at 13:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
@billiam, probably not a great idea to post your email addresses on a public forum.

My email is still screwy BTW, the odd one is coming through though such as this one from Freeola 'Your direct debit will be charged shortly'.

Boooooooo! ;)
Mon 29/12/14 at 13:41
Regular
Hi
I still can't access my three accounts (asking for username/password box appears)

will it they all eventually start working again?
Sun 28/12/14 at 22:01
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
This is because you have no mail yet. A new server is now in place. Send your addresses some mail and then try receiving bit and this issue should disappear.
Sun 28/12/14 at 19:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Getting this now ... which fails ... if it's of any help:

Account: '*****', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR chdir /Freeola_Mail/freeola/users/4/2/sr***/.mail/001/ failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

and

Account: 'xxxxxx', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Tried again with correct login details and received this ... again

" Account: 'xxxxxxx', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91"

By the way ... I'm not bothered as Hmmm mentioned, 'spam' has disappeared and it's a 'throw away' address anyway! But anything I can do to help, I will do :¬)
Sun 28/12/14 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
NO :¬)

I can see some of my clients went on to visit my website portfolio which they probably haven't looked at for years...

Still far too many 'single point of failures' out there in the interweb though!

Happy holidays,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 28/12/14 at 17:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sorry Hmmm... We can turn it off again if you want? :P
Sun 28/12/14 at 17:23
"Are you sure?"
*Sods law tastic* :¬)

As things were starting to look pretty grim I have just been updating my clients by text (those that hadn't already been in contact with me) letting them know that things weren't looking good for Monday morning!

So literally as soon as all my texts had been sent I receive my first successful email as things look as if they are recovering!

Merry Xmas,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.