GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unresolved email issues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/11/14 at 12:44
Regular
Q : How long does it take freeola to resolve email issues?

Only asking because its a week since i logged the issue on the contact me site and no one has bothered to respond
Sun 04/01/15 at 18:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
... but if it was a customer, they should have had a telephone contact number tbh ;¬)
Sun 04/01/15 at 17:34
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
aaah that kind of explains it...still haven't heard a peep from 1 email non-pro customer though...maybe that one wasn't affected

All non-pro accounts would have been affected. But it was all sorted out in 24 hours (and over a weekend) so your customer might not have felt it.

Or... they've got email problems and can't reach you ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 04/01/15 at 16:36
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
chasfh wrote:
webcity1 wrote:
[i]were only some servers affected? because I had one customer contact me with what I realise now was this issue, but I don't seem to have been affected myself and have not heard from any other customers

Not all Freeola mail services were affected, the problem was restricted to Email Freedom and the free mail addresses. EmailPro remained fully operational throughout the issue (EmailPro is run on our own servers, fully managed by us!)[/i]

aaah that kind of explains it...still haven't heard a peep from 1 email non-pro customer though...maybe that one wasn't affected
Sun 04/01/15 at 14:44
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
webcity1 wrote:
were only some servers affected? because I had one customer contact me with what I realise now was this issue, but I don't seem to have been affected myself and have not heard from any other customers

Not all Freeola mail services were affected, the problem was restricted to Email Freedom and the free mail addresses. EmailPro remained fully operational throughout the issue (EmailPro is run on our own servers, fully managed by us!)
Sun 04/01/15 at 12:52
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
were only some servers affected? because I had one customer contact me with what I realise now was this issue, but I don't seem to have been affected myself and have not heard from any other customers

btw I don't feel I want to get all up in freeola's face about some compensation or whatnot...still think their service beats anyone else hands down...feel confident they will always resolve the issue in good enough time
Wed 31/12/14 at 14:03
Regular
So I guess we'll be hearing about the decision on the gesture of goodwill from Freeola to all customers affected by this issue in the New Year.

Have a good one all.
Tue 30/12/14 at 13:55
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
This is because you have no mail yet. A new server is now in place. Send your addresses some mail and then try receiving bit and this issue should disappear.

Just in case it helps anyone...

I've found for for accounts that have email forwarding in place 'sending mail' doesn't resolve the error. The email will get forwarded but the account will still show the 'authentication' type error if it is directly accessed at some point.

Removing forwarding and sending an email to it fixes things - email forwarding can then be put back in place if required.

I guess this issue won't affect many (it has me!) but could pop up in the future for people if and when they remove forwarding - just something to try to remember.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 29/12/14 at 17:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
... such as this one from Freeola 'Your direct debit will be charged shortly'. Boooooooo! ;)

@pete

Got mine aswell ... but it comes via EMail Pro, important ones haha ;¬)
Mon 29/12/14 at 17:00
Regular
Thank, Guys.
it's all sorted now
Mon 29/12/14 at 15:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
@DL: Just tested the only account within your login that uses mail.freeola.net and this seems to be working fine after your test e-mail a short while ago.

Thanks Butch ... test e-mail has now arrived. Many thanks

...now looking forward to the spam haha ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.