GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have all the games dried up??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 10:34
Regular
There is a severe lack of decent looking games still to be released. Short of FFX and The Getaway is there any AAA titles in development which I should be scratching myself in frustration over??
Thu 11/04/02 at 01:30
Regular
MG2K, I wouldn`t bother arguing with Edgy, its like sitting in a microwave. You just go round and round in circles getting hotter and hotter inside and pray you don`t explode and get banned for swearing at him.

Best to stick to talking about it with other PS2 forum regulars.
Thu 11/04/02 at 01:14
There are a few good games out there

but not many.
Thu 11/04/02 at 01:02
Oh yeah, just to add, Tomb Raider may be on the PC (I've got it, I know) but Tomb Raider: Next Gen currently isn't.
Thu 11/04/02 at 01:00
Edgy's right.

When Meka said around half those titles were multiformat, you replied saying there are about 5 and he was exaggerating.

Though, double checking what Edgy said, that makes 12 games out of 20 listed multiformat.

So maybe you should get YOUR facts straight before pressing that Submit button.

From what I can see, Edgy can admit where he's unsure, as he did with Genma Onimusha and ISS2

Though why they call is ISS 2 I do not know seeing as it's actual title is ISS World Soccer 2002.

It seems that you expect us to be able to read your mind because you'rte always saying you meant something else to what you actually said. (In this topic anyway)
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:26
Edgy let me point this out:

Tomb raider isn't a ps2 exclusive its out on pc.

return to castle wolfenstine is on PS2 ask anybody.

Genma Onimusha is an updated version of Onimusha on PS2 title.

Hitman 2 is also on PS2 I am looking at a preview right now.

there you go that gives me 5. LOL you should get your facts right!
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:17
are they heck the same, ISS2 is exclusive to PS2 and it is 2002 so why would they release 2000? This shows how much you really know and then that makes it less than half.
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:17
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
Edgy wrote:
Onimusha
> 2
PS2 exclusive, though
> there's something called Genma Onimusha which sounds related.

Genma Onimusha is just a graphical upgrade for onimusha 1 for the xbox, nothing as special as onimusha 2.
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:14
don't build you r hopes about Deus Ex on PS2 it has had very mixed reviews and they are not too good.

Edgy, I don't care what SR think and you must be pretty sad to check all of them off with SR, my point was that the PS2 has some amazing games coming out in the next year so get your statements right before commenting!
Wed 10/04/02 at 19:18
Regular
Deus Ex is the game i am looking forward to, but it ruind my easter holiday not coming out.
Wed 10/04/02 at 19:12
Regular
MetalGear2King wrote:
> i think you are exaggerating with the half, about 5 of them are!

Lets see what the Special Reserve Database says shall we:

ISS2
Well I'm not sure if they're the same exactly, but it says that ISS 2000 is out on the PS2 whereas ISS2 is coming out on GameCube)

Virtua Fighter 4
So far that's a PS2 exclusive

Dark Summit
hmmm...GameCube, PS2 and X-box

Knockout
> Kings 2002
X-box, PS2

Spider Man: The movie Game (looks amazing)
PS2, X-box, GameCube & GBA

Tekken 4
PS2 exclusive

Medal Of
> Honour: Frontline
PS2 exclusive so far

Return To Castle Wolfinstine
Spell it right! It's Return to Castle Wolfenstein :)
According to SR database that's still a PC exclusive though there's a Wolfenstein game listed for Game Boy Advance.

Taz Wanted
X-box, PS2

The Thing
X-box, PS2 and PC.

Just to point out that's 7 so far on other consoles (6 of which are actually or due to be released on PS2 :) )

Tomb
> Raider: Next-Gen
Hey, what d'ya know, a PS2 exclusive :)

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
According to the SR database, that's another current PC exclusive!

ICO
Wow! A rarity! A PS2 exclusive :)

Stuntman
PS2 only

The
> Getaway
PS2 only

Robocop
GameCube, PS2, GBC, GBA

Freakstyle
Though it's Freak Style according to the SR database, it's PS2 exclusive.

Mike Tyson Boxing
PS2, X-box and GBA I believe.

No-One Lives Forever
PC & PS2

Onimusha
> 2
PS2 exclusive, though there's something called Genma Onimusha which sounds related.

Well what do you know, 11 non-exclusives (To PS2 anyway) and according to SR, 2 of them are PC exclusives! So that's 9 out of 18 PS2 games, which is exactly half :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.