GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'll tell you what the problem is"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 11:02
Regular
It's you trying to make things better by complaining in the wrong places.

If someone posts something deemed as spam, you that think you're helping, are doing the opposite.

Here's an example:

Post 1: Y R Gamecube so gay?

Post 2: This is spam, stop it.

Post 3: Yeah, try to come up with a decent post, idiot.

Post 4: Yet another rubbish newbie post

and so it goes on, this post has a few replies, people think it must be interesting, read it, and reply with something that doesn't help.

Meanwhile, a decent post, more than a few paragraphs long is slowly slipping down the page as you tell each other that a spade is a spade.

So here's a suggestion, don't reply to rubbish posts.

If someone writes something, and no one replies, maybe they'll see why, and benefit from it more than if you attack them.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:42
Regular
"I confused?"
That is a good idea.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:42
Regular
Aliboy, it's a good idea, but how would you make them read it?
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I think the problem is also based on new people who arrive here on the knowledge that they can win games for free with posts, cheats and reviews. How many of you read the rules and stuff before you began to post or checked out the standard of posts that the regulars and notables made?

I think there should be a guide (maybe written by regulars, notables and staff) pointing out important points to note when writing posts or reviews just to give people who join some advise and help them write good posts and make friends rather than SPAM and copy reviews and get abuse from those who dislike these action.

So what do the clever ones out there think?
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Begone purple, or we'll be really aloof to you
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:37
Regular
Fools. All of you. Now, it's my part to complain a lot and refer you to a pitiful post me. I'm probably gay, too.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:36
Regular
I'm a notable because I rule, but I rule because I've just found out I won gad. For a review. First time ever.

I rule.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:35
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Am I da only regula 2 post in ere???/
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:32
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:

We don't rule because we're
> notables.
We're notables because we rule.

That is correct.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And before anyone starts moaning?

We don't rule because we're notables.
We're notables because we rule.

Now stand back in awe and praise us.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:25
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
Grix Thraves wrote:
I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule.

"Ur jus doin that 2 get ur word count up."

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Either way, I rule. :0D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.