GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'll tell you what the problem is"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 11:02
Regular
It's you trying to make things better by complaining in the wrong places.

If someone posts something deemed as spam, you that think you're helping, are doing the opposite.

Here's an example:

Post 1: Y R Gamecube so gay?

Post 2: This is spam, stop it.

Post 3: Yeah, try to come up with a decent post, idiot.

Post 4: Yet another rubbish newbie post

and so it goes on, this post has a few replies, people think it must be interesting, read it, and reply with something that doesn't help.

Meanwhile, a decent post, more than a few paragraphs long is slowly slipping down the page as you tell each other that a spade is a spade.

So here's a suggestion, don't reply to rubbish posts.

If someone writes something, and no one replies, maybe they'll see why, and benefit from it more than if you attack them.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:53
Regular
Yup, and then he got a copied version off the net instead.

(Help, help, drowning in irony!)
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:51
Regular
Damn straight.

4 reviews for it, and they're all good. Shame Goaty and Totoro didn't win for theirs. Everyone on these forums seems to get what Battle Royale is about now. Remember Shaneo prancing around yelling "I wannaaaa see, it's blud"?
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:48
Regular
ARGH! It's back now!

No really, really! It did change!

And it seems a great movie to review, eh Stryke? :0D
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:48
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Dare I say it, a popup rules list when you first register?

I suppose that's all you could do, just make it short and snappy and people will read it. I hope that takes off actually AliBoy it's a nice idea, get into the Customer Service Forum now!
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:47
Regular
Hang on, has the reply font changed too?
Regular
Nice review, Grixy boy. First time I've ever seen two GAD reviews back-to-back. Must be sheer quality.. ;-)
Regular
It's broken there look, and I just got past. :0)

Only to say, is it me, or has the font of the taglines just changed?
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:46
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Begone purple, or we'll be really aloof to you

--

Down wiv notabls. We'll keep the purple flag, flying high.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Someone respected should just draw a line under a Spam post, having insulted the offending and stupid poster. That way you get the best of both worlds: Goatboy gets to break the cycle of stupidity and no-one replies.

Anyone who does reply after the line should be made to listen to steps for 24 hours of continuous torture.

----------------------------------------------------------
Go on just try :-)
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
i hav that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.