GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'll tell you what the problem is"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 11:02
Regular
It's you trying to make things better by complaining in the wrong places.

If someone posts something deemed as spam, you that think you're helping, are doing the opposite.

Here's an example:

Post 1: Y R Gamecube so gay?

Post 2: This is spam, stop it.

Post 3: Yeah, try to come up with a decent post, idiot.

Post 4: Yet another rubbish newbie post

and so it goes on, this post has a few replies, people think it must be interesting, read it, and reply with something that doesn't help.

Meanwhile, a decent post, more than a few paragraphs long is slowly slipping down the page as you tell each other that a spade is a spade.

So here's a suggestion, don't reply to rubbish posts.

If someone writes something, and no one replies, maybe they'll see why, and benefit from it more than if you attack them.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:02
Regular
"not dead"
It's you trying to make things better by complaining in the wrong places.

If someone posts something deemed as spam, you that think you're helping, are doing the opposite.

Here's an example:

Post 1: Y R Gamecube so gay?

Post 2: This is spam, stop it.

Post 3: Yeah, try to come up with a decent post, idiot.

Post 4: Yet another rubbish newbie post

and so it goes on, this post has a few replies, people think it must be interesting, read it, and reply with something that doesn't help.

Meanwhile, a decent post, more than a few paragraphs long is slowly slipping down the page as you tell each other that a spade is a spade.

So here's a suggestion, don't reply to rubbish posts.

If someone writes something, and no one replies, maybe they'll see why, and benefit from it more than if you attack them.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:06
Regular
No-one's going to do this, so why bother. Wish they would though.

But the urge to put people down to make themselves look big... ooh, it's pretty strong in a lot of members.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:08
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Exactly, I never do that so I'm excused. :0)

While were on the subject the reply quoting this message button isn't there to quote the masses and 'one liner it'
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:09
Regular
I wonder what would've happened if this got no replies...

:-D
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:12
Regular
"not dead"
Your Honour wrote:
> I wonder what would've happened if this got no replies...

:-D

I would have popped it, and called you all jerks. ;-)
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sometimes though, a topic is so utterly devoid of upright thought that you have to make a comment, otherwise they'll just grow up not knowing any different and end up having stupid children.

It's a cycle.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
Hmmm... and then we'll get the "Why dos no1 reply 2 my topix?!!!1" topics.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I say chase them through the village with burning torches until they reach the windmill.

(Victor Hugo, go look it up instead of writing topics about why the Gamecube is the best)
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:17
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:
> Sometimes though, a topic is so utterly devoid of upright thought that you have
> to make a comment, otherwise they'll just grow up not knowing any different and
> end up having stupid children.

It's a cycle.

It doesn't mean that half a dozen other people also have to tell them that they're retarded too though, does it?

And I don't think we can stop them from having stupid children. I wait for the day that my kids come home from school and tell me that someone said this to them "You think you're special coz you can write your own name"

I just know that's going to happen one day.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:19
Regular
I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule I rule.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.