GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/04/00 at 01:46
Regular
OK OK.... don't know if yo have noticed it but the PSX is one of the worst computers for build quality.

It may clearly be the BEST EVER for quality of games, but there is no point in all the games if the thing don't work.

From day 1 Sony have had to make constant changes to there little bundle of joy.

EVERY ONE i know with a playstation has had a least one problem with it. The common one being a piece of plastice flying off the middle.

By PSX does all of this, over heat, crash, bits of plastic braking off, works slow, can't read CD probley, etc. But the worst thing is i have NEVER cause any damage to the playstation or CDs. The only reason for these problems is cheap components.

Oh and guess what... I phoned up sony and they wanted £40 and my working (just) playstation for a recondintioned one, CHEEK, i could by a brand new one for £70 in specail reserve.

ANY WAY...all i really want is for sony to use better quality parts in the PSX2 'cause i am tired with th PSX being so cheap....

AND TO THE DELEVOPERS, good work keep it up y'all
Page:
Sun 15/10/00 at 20:58
oh whoppieeee dooo, they have brought out a new console, but guess what, it is the SAME thing, just trying hard to make the origanial look less like a breeze block. It is the same so go out and buy a N64, What is the point on getting one when you have a playstation.... Ha hahahahahahahahahaha
Sun 15/10/00 at 20:55
come on you must agree, it looks and plays the same, it even has the same power ups, MK an DKR were brought out atleast a year before so... Playstation copies again.
Sun 15/10/00 at 20:53
From what I've been seeing on the net the new PSone is AMAZING. For all of you uninformed, the PSone is Sony's newest consule and is also their answer to the Game Boy - well I say newest consule it's just a more compact Playstation. Being just 193mm wide and aboout 4cm high it is really compact. The best feature of the PSone is just how portable Sony have made it. With an inbuilt screen it is just perfect for the lazy ones out there, like me, who can wake up Sunday morning and play on a Playstation in bed with the screen on their lap. However it doesn't just stop there, with the added ability of (with the aid of a special wire) being able to play on a Playstation during a long car during, if like me who has family in another part of country, all you have to do is just lug the wire in the car lighter socket.
However even though it's size has decreased it still contains the same amount of technical stuff as the original Playstation:
32 bit
Main Memory: 2MB
Graphics: PlayStation GPU
Graphics Memory: 8 Mbit
Sound Channel: SPU 24 ch
Sound Memory: 4 Mbit
Disc Drive: CD-ROM 2x
- and weighing a mere 550 g
The PSone also still includes the ability to play CD's and play all of the Playstation games.
Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting one from Special Reserve A.S.A.P.
Sun 15/10/00 at 13:46
Good rating because I agree
Sat 14/10/00 at 17:27
I brought an N64 for Goldeneye, but I started to build up a GREAT selection of games, mainly Rareware games, but all were great fun. What were the games your brother had anyway?
Fri 13/10/00 at 20:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
What is LMA Manager like? Im not really a fan of managment sims, but this sounds like quite a good game. Is it worth getting or waiting for LMA 2001?
Fri 13/10/00 at 20:14
Last christmas, i found myself without a console, relying on my PC for my gaming pleasure. Although the games were graphically supreme and eye wateringly fast, they lacked the instant accessability of a console. So, I got a Playstation and my brother got an N64. For a start, my PSX came with 5 games for under £150, whilst my brothers came in at £90, with only one game. It didn't take long for me to amass a quality selection of games, Metal Gear Solid, Wip3out, Gran Turismo, Tekken 3, Quake 2, Medal of Honor, GTA 2 and a whole host of others. Not bad for what have must been under £250. But my brother had only 5 games of mediocre quality, although the fabulous Goldeneye was in there. The point of this letter is not to point out the inadequencies of the Nintendo machine but to highlight my reasons for buying a Playstation a year from when it was due to be upgraded. Sony are geniuses by making sure that the PS2 is backwardly compatible. That way they avoid flagging sales in 2000 because people will be buying games for an obselete system. I loved the way that games were under £30, and there was a huge selection of pure quality that has set the standard for its genre on all platforms. I can still see myself buying games right up until I buy a PS2 which won't be November 24th because I will wait for the price cut (like many others). I am totally satisfied with my Playstation and don't see the logic in the complaints from people that I was buying the technoligically worst off console at the time. Those people owned N64's and Dreamcasts.

dj-nash
Thu 12/10/00 at 23:11
Shut up everyone!!!!!!!

Stop talking about it, just wait until it is released

MORONS
Thu 12/10/00 at 20:38
this is a complete copy off mario kart and diddy kong racing
Thu 12/10/00 at 14:31
mphillips16 wrote:
> sony are making a big mess up about the playstaion 2 launch
> first they say that thay are going to release it in october and
> there now going to release it in november then the preorder fiasco
> preorder
> in august now you have to preorder it in september and the price
> £299 thats to much just spend £150 on an ace dreamcast
> it looks better
> then the playstation 2 and as for the games gt2000 is post to be a
> lauch title now your not going to be able to get until 2001 and it
> only has a few launch titles compared to the dreamcast what had
> loads of launch titles and there only shipping in 100.000 units
> into the whole of europe the whole playstation2 thing is a mess i
> think everyone is getting a bit tired of all this,

Well, how miss-informed this poor little chap seems to be.

If you had bothered to keep up to date with events, there are now 500,000 units coming in. And as for the amount of titles at launch, PS2 has the largest catalogue of games at launch than any other console in history.

O.k. The Dreamcast has got quite a few titles now, and it is half the price of the PS2, but it is now rapidly becoming "old hat". Why go out and buy a Dreamcast when there are so many new consoles about to flood the market.

No doubt the Dreamcast is still a good machine, but not for much longer i am afraid. It is unfortunate that Sega did not wait a little while longer before diving in at the earliest oppertunity.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.