GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/04/00 at 01:46
Regular
OK OK.... don't know if yo have noticed it but the PSX is one of the worst computers for build quality.

It may clearly be the BEST EVER for quality of games, but there is no point in all the games if the thing don't work.

From day 1 Sony have had to make constant changes to there little bundle of joy.

EVERY ONE i know with a playstation has had a least one problem with it. The common one being a piece of plastice flying off the middle.

By PSX does all of this, over heat, crash, bits of plastic braking off, works slow, can't read CD probley, etc. But the worst thing is i have NEVER cause any damage to the playstation or CDs. The only reason for these problems is cheap components.

Oh and guess what... I phoned up sony and they wanted £40 and my working (just) playstation for a recondintioned one, CHEEK, i could by a brand new one for £70 in specail reserve.

ANY WAY...all i really want is for sony to use better quality parts in the PSX2 'cause i am tired with th PSX being so cheap....

AND TO THE DELEVOPERS, good work keep it up y'all
Page:
Sun 17/12/00 at 22:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bob-shut up. Copy my a**e. It's called using the technology available to them. So what, Sony have got to start from scratch, have they?? Please think before saying something.
Fri 01/12/00 at 12:45
"High polygon count"
Scouse wrote:
> Ok being one of the millions and millions owning a playstation I
> can't help feeling a bit, well disappointed with the Xmas line
> up. So the big consoles are dominating the market at the moment,
> but are Sony gonna pull the plug on the PS and not create many
> more great games??? When I use to walk into my local games store
> the PS games were top quality, games like ISS Evolution, Tony
> Hawks, Tekken 3, Resident Evils, Tomb Raiders, Gran Turismos and
> more EA sports games to remember. Although now the '2001'
> releases are coming strong there seems to be no 'injection' of
> genius into todays Playstation games. The DC, PS2 and PC seem to
> be getting the top games at the moment with stunning games to
> come. Yes, we've got WWF Smackdown 2, Fifa 2001 and FF9 and other
> rare gems to look forward to, but surely Sony want to compete with
> the DC using the PS and the PS2. That way the PS2 could thrive
> and the PS would have quality (yet not as graphically sound as the
> DC,PC or PS2) games. The PS market needs fresh ideas, because I
> feel that sequels, add-ons or 'similar' games are just getting
> stereotypical and bringing the market to a halt. Tomb Raider was
> a classic game, TR2 was great, TR3 was starting to get boring and
> TR4 was a good game, that looked like a cash in due to the
> previous releases. So please Sony I ask you to show us PS owners
> what you can do and release games that will make DC owners jealous
> (they don't have to have amazing graphics and sound, just be great
> to play)! Bring back the good old days when you could be proud to
> be a PS owner!
>
> One other point - Sony are fooling nobody with their 'PSone'
> release, talk about an easy way to make money!

It's the PlayStation in a different case, at the same price. It's no different to continuing to sell the original machine.

I could understand such comments if they had advertised it as a new machine and put the price up, but they haven't!
Fri 01/12/00 at 12:43
"High polygon count"
Johnboy wrote:
> I thinking of getting a psone but I read somewhere
> that it is slower than the original Playstation.
> Is this true or a load of rubbish??

Rubbish.

It's the same machine in a different case.
Thu 09/11/00 at 21:44
Ok being one of the millions and millions owning a playstation I can't help feeling a bit, well disappointed with the Xmas line up. So the big consoles are dominating the market at the moment, but are Sony gonna pull the plug on the PS and not create many more great games??? When I use to walk into my local games store the PS games were top quality, games like ISS Evolution, Tony Hawks, Tekken 3, Resident Evils, Tomb Raiders, Gran Turismos and more EA sports games to remember. Although now the '2001' releases are coming strong there seems to be no 'injection' of genius into todays Playstation games. The DC, PS2 and PC seem to be getting the top games at the moment with stunning games to come. Yes, we've got WWF Smackdown 2, Fifa 2001 and FF9 and other rare gems to look forward to, but surely Sony want to compete with the DC using the PS and the PS2. That way the PS2 could thrive and the PS would have quality (yet not as graphically sound as the DC,PC or PS2) games. The PS market needs fresh ideas, because I feel that sequels, add-ons or 'similar' games are just getting stereotypical and bringing the market to a halt. Tomb Raider was a classic game, TR2 was great, TR3 was starting to get boring and TR4 was a good game, that looked like a cash in due to the previous releases. So please Sony I ask you to show us PS owners what you can do and release games that will make DC owners jealous (they don't have to have amazing graphics and sound, just be great to play)! Bring back the good old days when you could be proud to be a PS owner!

One other point - Sony are fooling nobody with their 'PSone' release, talk about an easy way to make money!
Thu 09/11/00 at 17:01
I thinking of getting a psone but I read somewhere
that it is slower than the original Playstation.
Is this true or a load of rubbish??
Thu 09/11/00 at 16:59
Try http://www.bleem.co.uk.
Tue 07/11/00 at 15:52
no one is replying because you all think it is true, All playstation do is copy
Tue 07/11/00 at 11:07
anyone know where to get a PSX emulator for pc.

Thanx
Sun 05/11/00 at 12:42
Now that the Playstation2 is about to be released, The price of Playstation games has plummeted. Now many Games are available for under £10.With budget ranges such as E/A Classics and EIDOS Classics leading the way in this Budget Revolution. The added advantage of these games other than the fact they’re dirt cheap, is that only the best games get re-released so the quality is virtually guaranteed.
Here are a few Games that I would recommend, all are available for under £10:

TOMB RAIDER 2
WIPEOUT 3
EIDOS CLASSICS: WARZONE 2100
SPEED FREAKS.
COMMAND & CONQUER - RED ALERT
WWF WARZONE
ROLLCAGE
ACCLAIM CLASSICS: BUST A MOVE 4
FORMULA 1 97
POPULOUS - THE BEGINNING

If you want to spend a little more there’s a lot of great games available for £20 or under, I would recommend:

READY 2 RUMBLE BOXING
DEAD OR ALIVE
INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER 98
SOUL BLADE PLATINUM
SPYRO THE DRAGON
DIE HARD TRILOGY WITH LIGHT GUN
DRIVER
TEKKEN 3
GRAN TURISMO 2
METAL GEAR SOLID
LEGACY OF KAIN 2 - SOUL REAVER

These games are all great value at this price, for a fuller listing click on the links from the page

http://ukplaystation.com/

Links:
PSX games under £10
PSX games under £20

The games are great value, and as the Playstation2 is backward compatible with the Playstation1 (i.e. it will play playstation1 games), then these games will make excellent stocking fillers this Christmas whether you’ve got a Playstation1 or Playstation2.
Wed 01/11/00 at 20:52
Regular
It's the plot basics, isn't it?

Any truly cinematic film, or clichéd to death, in other words, always has to have a love story worked into it.

It's usually a man for a woman, but other things slip in.

Like love for money.

Next, it must ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS have a happy ending, what would people think if it had an unhappy ending.

(Probably, thank god for that, not as damn predictable.)

True.

This is where I step in.

"Grix Thraves you say, that's an odd name..."
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.