GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars 2 - Is it just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 19:10
Regular
Or does it look really really good? I saw the newest trailer today, and I can saw I'm looking forward to it. I never thought I would after Star Wars 1, which was good, but not excellent. I saw things on the trailer that made me happy:

Anakin with two lightsabers
Things that looked very similiar to Star Destroyers
Yodi hovering
Samuel L Jackson with a lightsaber
An arena full of Jedi folk

I'm now officially looking forward to it. Anyone else?
Mon 08/04/02 at 17:39
"Mimmargh!"
I expect to see at least:
2 evil schemes at the hands of the Sith
5000 deaths
Jar Jar with a very minor role
2 space melees
1 large star battle
Some clone troopers battling random underlings.

And prefrebly some kind of nuclear exlosion.

Otherwise I think it will suffer the same reputation as Episode 1.
Mon 08/04/02 at 09:22
Regular
Excellent. Haley Joel Osment is the worst actor I've seen in ages.
Mon 08/04/02 at 09:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Stryke wrote:
> Minority Report looks suspiciously good. It's Spielburg. ---

"Hi, I'm Tom Cruise. There's no way in hell that I'm the villain in this movie. Just settle back and be amazed at my teeth. And I dumped Nicole Kidman for Penelope Cruz. Could I *be* any more smug about my life?"

Or

"You comitted a crime in the future, so we're arresting you for it now."
"But that's sure to spark deep and idealogical discussion in the audience about the nature of The State!"
"Yes. This is a deep and meaningful film by Spielberg, just like AI was."
"I agree, the idea that we can be arrested for something we haven't done yet must raise questions amongst the audience!"
"Hi, I'm Steven Spielberg and wish to be taken seriously as a director of grown-up movies. War is hell"
"...uh Steve, this is a sci-fi movie"
"...ah, ok. Well then people cannot be trusted. Except for mop-haired kids. Look, here's Haley Joel-Osment being on the verge of tears"
"I see CGI people"
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Armatige Shanks wrote:

He was mubling something
> about wanting to make sure he had the time to give the DVD's his full attention,
> but I dunno???

No doubt they'll be released as no extras discs first and then 2 months later after everyone has bought them, a 100 disc set with all 6 films will be announced.

I hate it when this happens! It's totally ridiculous. Releasing a no extras disc first and then releasing a 2 disc set later is bad enough. Get this though, The Rock was released as a no extras flipper disc years ago. Then a version with a whopping 3 minutes of extras footage and a documentary was released. Now a 2 disc set is being released in June. 3 times! That is out of order!
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The_Vottanator wrote:
Come to think of it, why haven't they released them
> on DVD yet?

I think George Lucas is intending to wait until all the new Star Wars movies have been made before he releases the first three on DVD...

(When I say first three I mean Epsiodes IV, V, and VI)

He was mubling something about wanting to make sure he had the time to give the DVD's his full attention, but I dunno???
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Stryke wrote:
I'm not entirely biased
> against Spielburg. I recognise that he has made good films in the past. I went
> to see A.I with an open mind. I walked out because I was disgusted with it.

You never went to see AI! I know you didn't because you told me! :-D
Sun 07/04/02 at 18:24
Regular
"That's right!"
There aren't any films that I won't see simply because of who directed it

I have a lot of directors which I like, I don't have any which I dislike
Sun 07/04/02 at 18:23
Regular
The_Vottanator wrote:
>
And Gaz, Minority Report will
> rule and you will HAVE to acknowledge it! What am I saying? You just blocked out
> how good AI was. No doubt you'll do the same here.

--

I'm not entirely biased against Spielburg. I recognise that he has made good films in the past. I went to see A.I with an open mind. I walked out because I was disgusted with it. I will go see Minority Report with an open mind as well. I believe Speilburg will make a good film again.

(It'll suck, it's Spielburg)
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:59
Regular
"That's right!"
Mattyboy wrote:
Episode I which I thought was brilliant!!

--------

Well, different tastes for different people, eh?
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Whatever!"
I cannot wait for Episode II - It looks amazing, even better than Episode I which I thought was brilliant!!
Cant wait to see Yoda in action with a lightsabre!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.