GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Name Ever"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 14:39
Regular
Ok, so you are launching a male-grooming range.
Foam bath/Moisturiser/After Shave Gel etc etc.

You want it to appear sophisticated, suave, expensive and chic.
You have spent a lot of money on designing and creating the packaging and promo launches.

And what do you want to call this range?
I begged them, I told them not to. I tried to explain just how badly this would sell but they didn't listen.

Ladies & Gentlemen, coming by the end of this year, I present to you

"Man Milk"

Honestly.
Thu 04/04/02 at 22:35
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i read this

ROFL

ah i needed a good laugh
Thu 04/04/02 at 21:34
There is a skip hire company where I live seeming to be run a Mr T. Watts. However he stupidly decides to print his name as that on the side of his skips so it reads:

TWatts

Idiot.
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
yep find a male assistant and really embaress him by asking for man milk
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
That's unlucky, that really is a bad name, i'm still going to go searching for it, might be a laugh with the people at the counter...
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Bah"
they could call it supa foam!
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It begs the question, are all marketing people quite this stupid?

I wonder exactly how many man hours, and how much money went into the brainstorming of that name. And to think there are homeless people starving in the streets.

Give them jobs in advertising, I'm damn sure they'll do better than the professionals.

Still, I think there are one or two names they could've chosen which would sell slightly worse. "yak p**s" perhaps. Or "Camel vomit".

On seconds thoughts, those might well sell better....
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
hmmmmmm while the name is kinda well dodgy it would of been fine on almost anything except stuff you put on your face.

i like the oil of your lay too wookie.

no wait i didn't mean it like that D'oh
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Bah"
ok.....lol
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
man milk. Just release the details to the sun or something and they'll get embarressed and change it. (real situaqtion they find out its you and sack you, oweind to this publicity it becomes succesful and soon everyone is rubbing man milk on themselves). Can't you call it the pulling potion or something crap like that and then some fool might buy it thinking it worked
Thu 04/04/02 at 16:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> lol!

There's a building product called 'Moisture Mate'

---

Hehe

Heh...

he.......he....

*Runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.