GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox- too short?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:15
Regular
I am so dying for this game but I have heard some disappointing reports from sources like digitiser and other places too. Apparently as well as being a top class game it is like REALLY short and can be completed in a week quite easily.

ARGH!

I hope this is not true, I was dubbing this along with Mario as one of the best games I have ever played! Please let it be a massive adventure and that people have been telling Porkies!

Ah well, all we can do is sit back and wait I guess.

Have you guys heard anything like this about the game brimming with potential?

Cheers,

Time_Warp
Sun 20/10/02 at 22:24
Regular
D'you know, it's funny you should mention that, because when I first heard of Digitiser, I immediately pictured a small, Reader's Digest size magazine. What's more, I didn't even think about Reader's Digest!

Strange, what your subconcious can do, isn't it?
Sun 20/10/02 at 22:23
Regular
D'you know, it's funny you should mention that, because when I first heard of Digitiser, I immediately pictured a small, Reader's Digest size magazine. What's more, I didn't even think about Reader's Digest!

Strange, what your subconcious can do, isn't it?
Sun 20/10/02 at 18:36
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> By the way, what is Digitiser? Is it a magazine? A website? What?
>
>
> It's on Channel 4's teletext.
>
> It's basically a TV magazine which is updated ever so often, it's on
> page 480.

But if you have dyslexia, like me, it will look like digester, if you read it quick too, and then you will be thinking along the lines of readers digest...which leads to you thinking "what do they know".

there you go another little road in my, already, sad life.
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:37
"Uzi Lover"
Maverick42 wrote:
> By the way, what is Digitiser? Is it a magazine? A website? What?

It's on Channel 4's teletext.

It's basically a TV magazine which is updated ever so often, it's on page 480.
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:36
Regular
By the way, what is Digitiser? Is it a magazine? A website? What?
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:32
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> NOM are lieing, it's 1 disk and supposedly very short and the
> gameplay's shallow, i'll wait and see. If the rumours are true then
> maybe Microsoft have bought themselves a dud, if the game is this bad
> and took them 3 years too make then i'd hate too see what one of their
> rushed games come out like.

I doubt NOM are lying, seeing as the source was from Nintendo Of Japan themselves. And you needent worry about Rare messing it up, it is a joint project you know (Nintendo being the other developer).

It's also worth noting it took five years to make, and if it was crap, don't you think there would be some commotion over in the states? Plus, Whitestripes has talked to someone who's played the game.

It's just a rumour. A stupid rumour.
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:41
Regular
Maybe the rumours aren't true and it's just a lod of fanboys making up stories and writing into Digitiser criticising games. According to IGN it's one of the longest and hardest game on the Cube.

Oh and you're not shallow, the graphics look completly amazing, whatever reviews the game gets i'll be purchasing it, ben waiting for this for ages.

November 22nd can't come any earlier.
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:29
Regular
I dont care about how long it is, ok pikmin and luigis mansion were short but im one of those players who can play the same thing over and over again.

Ill be buying this game if its 10 hours or 80 hours long as im sure ill enjoy every minute of it, plus the graphics, im buying the game for the graphics. Call me shallow if you want but who can say they would play a game if the graphics were all blocky and 2-d?
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:07
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> NOM said it'll come on two discs and offer up to 80 hours of
> gameplay,
> so digitiser are wrong.
>
>
> NOM are lieing, it's 1 disk and supposedly very short and the
> gameplay's shallow, i'll wait and see. If the rumours are true then
> maybe Microsoft have bought themselves a dud, if the game is this bad
> and took them 3 years too make then i'd hate too see what one of their
> rushed games come out like.

NOOOOOOO IT IS 2 DISCS AND IT IS 80 HOURS LONG... I expect it to take me 50-60 though yet still that is huge. Starfox Adventures has been given a little bit of criticism here and there but not for being short.

It is 2 discs and it is apparently 80 hours long.
Sat 19/10/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Selected"
*has a nightmare about Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas*

*briskly sits up in bed in a cold sweat*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.