GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox- too short?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:15
Regular
I am so dying for this game but I have heard some disappointing reports from sources like digitiser and other places too. Apparently as well as being a top class game it is like REALLY short and can be completed in a week quite easily.

ARGH!

I hope this is not true, I was dubbing this along with Mario as one of the best games I have ever played! Please let it be a massive adventure and that people have been telling Porkies!

Ah well, all we can do is sit back and wait I guess.

Have you guys heard anything like this about the game brimming with potential?

Cheers,

Time_Warp
Sat 19/10/02 at 09:45
A lot of mixed opinions here, but I will never be put off, as I just have to find out how good it is.

I wouldnt expect 80 hours anyway, but as long as I don't finish it in a week.

Next on the agenda- Die Hard: what do you guys think of it?

(:)
Sat 19/10/02 at 08:26
I'm gettign it for christmas no matter what, and with the Wavebird controller too. Also an added bonus for SR is that i'm BUYING THEM FROM HERE (SR).
Sat 19/10/02 at 00:32
Regular
Actually it took five years to make.

I bet it's brilliant.
Sat 19/10/02 at 00:21
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> NOM said it'll come on two discs and offer up to 80 hours of gameplay,
> so digitiser are wrong.
>

NOM are lieing, it's 1 disk and supposedly very short and the gameplay's shallow, i'll wait and see. If the rumours are true then maybe Microsoft have bought themselves a dud, if the game is this bad and took them 3 years too make then i'd hate too see what one of their rushed games come out like.
Sat 19/10/02 at 00:14
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> 34%??? God - must been sent from Bill

Naw, if it was sent by bill here what'd read

Gameplay - Outstanding
Graphics - Outstanding
Worst Bits - Are you joking!?
Comments - Microsoft games at it's best
Rating - 100%

Next Page - Well, digitiser has been revamped due to a hefty donation of £250 million from a guy called bill......
Fri 18/10/02 at 23:53
Regular
NOM said it'll come on two discs and offer up to 80 hours of gameplay, so digitiser are wrong.

:D
Fri 18/10/02 at 22:41
Regular
It was just a year ago when Shigsy was promising us 100 hours of gameplay in this game...

I've heard that it's big, but so easy that you'll just breeze through it.

Perhaps Rare will touch it up for it's homeland.
There better be SOME compensation for putting those foreigners before us!

By the way, there was a rumoured multiplayer mode.
Was it real or just a rumour?
Fri 18/10/02 at 22:38
Regular
I doubt that...

Both the N64 and GBA versions reach high places in their "best of" chart, and they still often proclaim the original Snes version as one of the greatest games ever.

Perhaps it was a viewers opinion, by one of those inbreds Tilt was talking about. One of them gave Goldeneye 11%...
Fri 18/10/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Festivus!"
34%??? God - must been sent from Bill
Fri 18/10/02 at 21:59
Regular
Digitizer are morons. They gave Mario Kart 34%!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.