GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth getting a 360 yet?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Ok, just sold my Xbox and am thinking of getting a 360 at the beginning of next month.

Have any hardware bugs been fixed by now? Do you think it would be worth getting one now or waiting? My Xbox Live account is ticking down too, so without an Xbox it's being wasted.

GAME have a good pack available; the full pack + Fight Night and PGR3 for £319.99
Wed 23/08/06 at 14:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I hate how games companies do this every single year, nothing from May to August and then BOOM the avalanche of games drops. Surely instead of releasing your game at this time where there's a ton of other good ones about taking away your spotlight it'd be smarter to release it in summer and have it all to yourself like how Square did with FFX in Europe.

Right now i have

FF7 - DOC, Disgaea 2, Xenosaga 3, Madden and Okami in my sights on PS2

and then

Dead Rising, Enchanted Arms, Just Cause, Rainbow Six Vegas, Pro Evo 6, Saints Row and Forza 2 on my radar on 360

Damn you games companies to helllllllllllllll
Wed 23/08/06 at 13:58
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Just thought I'd mention Texas Hold Em is now available to download via xbox live arcade and for 48hours you can play for free.

I was actually expecting to see a demo or 2 today :( Although supposedly a demo of Just Cause is meant to be going on tomorrow which I'm quite looking forward to having pre-ordered it at a bargain price of £29.99 from Amazon (They have since put the price up to £39.99 but are still honouring the pre-orders)

September - November is a good period to grab yourself a 360 though, there's loads of what should be quality titles coming out. I don't know how I can possibly afford everything I've got on pre-order but still looking forward to playing something new for a change.

I should have Saints Row next Friday (hopefully thursday if GAME deliver early) Really looking forward to this as it should help fill the void of having no GTA on the 360 yet.

The following week Dead Rising shall be arriving - this is perhaps my most anticipated game for the 360 yet seeing as im a huge Romero fan and the game is obviously hinting at Dawn of The Dead - a game I've been lusting for since hearing about almost a year ago.Getting a free faceplate "worth" £49.99 courtesy of Amazon.

Also on my pre-order list are: Test Drive Unlimited (although this may change depending on how the 2nd demo handles) Lego Star Wars 2 (had a lot of fun playing the first one) Splinter Cell Double Agent, Rainbow 6: Vegas, Pro Evo 6, Smackdown Vs Raw 2007, Gears of War, F.E.A.R, Need for Speed Carbon and Forza 2. - All of these, according to play, are due for a September - November release and there are other games due out in this period but I simply cannot commit to any more at the moment. Not actually sure if I can commit to what I have already pre-ordered so you can expect to see random members of my family popping up for sale on ebay or something.
Tue 22/08/06 at 19:03
Regular
dead rising also looks good...... sorry i meant amazing i am definetly getting that game :)
Fri 04/08/06 at 09:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> Not really, there's tons of non-fps games already;
>
> Ridge Racer 6, Kameo, Oblivion, PGR3, Full Auto, Top Spin
> 2,Table Tennis, Tiger Woods, Battle for Middle Earth, Over G
> Fighters, MotoGP06, FIFA, Tony Hawks AW, NHL 2K6, NBA Live 06,
> Amped 3, Everything on Live Arcade, Blazing Angels, Dynasty
> Warriors 5, Rumble Roses, Dead or Alive 4, Madden.
>
> and many more to come

*shifting eyes* ... LIES!
Thu 03/08/06 at 14:40
"possibly impossible"
FIFA World Cup 06 is actually a decent game. Just think of it as arcade football and it's fine.

Loads of RPGs on the way (listed them in a previous post somewhere...)
Thu 03/08/06 at 10:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Please, for all that is holy and true, never, EVER use Fifa as an example of what is good on a console.
Thu 03/08/06 at 08:44
Regular
Rumble Roses sounds good :D but are there any good RPGs on the 360 yet?
Thu 03/08/06 at 08:38
"possibly impossible"
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> Well, in my opinion, if you're not a fan of FPS games, there's
> not much point in getting a 360. At least for the moment.

Not really, there's tons of non-fps games already;

Ridge Racer 6, Kameo, Oblivion, PGR3, Full Auto, Top Spin 2,Table Tennis, Tiger Woods, Battle for Middle Earth, Over G Fighters, MotoGP06, FIFA, Tony Hawks AW, NHL 2K6, NBA Live 06, Amped 3, Everything on Live Arcade, Blazing Angels, Dynasty Warriors 5, Rumble Roses, Dead or Alive 4, Madden.

and many more to come
Wed 02/08/06 at 22:40
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Chr1s wrote:
> I love FPS games, I just can't afford anything at the moment.
>
> I had the first two Smackdowns for the PSone, and then I got the
> first one for the PS2. It was rubbish and I haven't bothered
> since. I don't have an interest in wrestling anymore, but this
> latest one looks great on the 360.

Aye, it looks good... Gamespy has some new info.
Wed 02/08/06 at 22:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I love FPS games, I just can't afford anything at the moment.

I had the first two Smackdowns for the PSone, and then I got the first one for the PS2. It was rubbish and I haven't bothered since. I don't have an interest in wrestling anymore, but this latest one looks great on the 360.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.