GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth getting a 360 yet?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Ok, just sold my Xbox and am thinking of getting a 360 at the beginning of next month.

Have any hardware bugs been fixed by now? Do you think it would be worth getting one now or waiting? My Xbox Live account is ticking down too, so without an Xbox it's being wasted.

GAME have a good pack available; the full pack + Fight Night and PGR3 for £319.99
Fri 26/05/06 at 13:51
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Rarely are any of a consoles best games out within a year.

If you're thinking about getting a 360, you really need to weigh up whether or not you'll actually use it. I use mine for Pro Evo 5 and HALO 2. Maybe Rainbow 3. PD0 is on eBay along with DOA4. If there's nothing out that you're particularly desperate to play, then forget it.

Gears will be good, Vegas, Splinter Cell, Pinata might be fun... but they're not here yet. By the sound of things, you're fairly happy to wait - maybe until a price drop? The fact that you've sold you XBOX and can't play HALO is the only hurdle I can see you struggling with. What a game HALO is.

But, yes... no real rush. Those who have got one will talk it up - rightly so, XBOX LIVE (+ Arcade) is genius - but if the core reason for getting one (the games) isn't there, wait.
Fri 26/05/06 at 08:16
"possibly impossible"
Dringo wrote:
> Viva Pinata is the future!

It looks so weird that it could well be true...
Thu 25/05/06 at 22:07
Regular
Viva Pinata is the future!
Thu 25/05/06 at 21:19
Regular
Can't say I've had any heat or noise issues.

I'd say grab one now - all the good games are coming out in the next 6 Months:

Gears of War
Lost Planet
Splinter Cell 4
Rainbow Six Vegas
etc.
Thu 25/05/06 at 09:45
Regular
The 360 is still plagued with heat and noise issues but their returns service is second to none with a turnaround of 1-2 days.

Chip production will turn to the lower 65nm process in early 2007 so there may be the rumoured price cut in late 2006 to get rid of old stock as well as attempt to counter any resisitance the PS3 or Wii will produce through their launches.

There is a lot of value already there, primarily Live Arcade, Marketplace and Oblivion but as with many things it's also worth waiting.
Thu 25/05/06 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Ok, just sold my Xbox and am thinking of getting a 360 at the beginning of next month.

Have any hardware bugs been fixed by now? Do you think it would be worth getting one now or waiting? My Xbox Live account is ticking down too, so without an Xbox it's being wasted.

GAME have a good pack available; the full pack + Fight Night and PGR3 for £319.99

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.