GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth getting a 360 yet?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/05/06 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Ok, just sold my Xbox and am thinking of getting a 360 at the beginning of next month.

Have any hardware bugs been fixed by now? Do you think it would be worth getting one now or waiting? My Xbox Live account is ticking down too, so without an Xbox it's being wasted.

GAME have a good pack available; the full pack + Fight Night and PGR3 for £319.99
Tue 19/09/06 at 15:05
Regular
Just when I thought the forums were rid of you people.
Tue 19/09/06 at 15:03
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Ive just found this new website where you sign up to 1 offer (the dvd one is free) and you receive an xbox 360 if you refer 10 friends. Im having trouble finding places to promote my link. Ive been a member of gameaday for ages now and realised its the perfect place to promote.

Anyway, this is my link

http://360giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=162180

I know its a genuine offer cos my friends have done it and then sold them on ebay.
Thanks
Fri 08/09/06 at 21:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've played Saints Row, and it easily became my favourite game of the last year or so, from just playing it for a few hours. Got a real good go at it the other day round a friends, I didn't once get bored, could've kept it up for at least 10 hours.

I miss the 360.
Fri 08/09/06 at 17:29
Regular
"8==="
State of Emergency would've been excellent if they'd put in a decent aiming system + crosshair.

The lack of that made it unplayable after a short while. At-least the multiplayer was good fun.
Fri 08/09/06 at 13:06
Regular
That's utter bullshoite!

State of Emergency was a complete glitchy mess of a game, more of a tech demo than a real game. The only thing they have slightly in common is the large crowds of enemies and killing.

If you're looking for a system seller, look no further than Gears of War.

Personally I'd buy a 360 just to play Dead Rising, Oblivion and Saints Row...oh and Call of Duty 2.
Thu 07/09/06 at 10:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
Dead Rising strikes me as more of a State of Emergency game. One that people will enjoy, but will be forgotten soon after.
Wed 06/09/06 at 15:36
"possibly impossible"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> The only thing that concerns me about the 360 is that it doesn't
> have a real 'system seller' game like Halo was on the original
> Xbox.

Dead Rising should be that, assuming enough people know about it.
Wed 06/09/06 at 14:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Enchanted Arms looks very similar in gameplay and style to FFX,
> so that's in the bag already so to speak.

Style yes, going around to different towns and such yes, battle system wise, nothing alike it's more of a Koudelka clone
Wed 06/09/06 at 13:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The only thing that concerns me about the 360 is that it doesn't have a real 'system seller' game like Halo was on the original Xbox.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion would be my pick of the bunch so far and to be honest if I'd got my hands on it back in March 2006 when it came out I'd have bought a 360 then and there just to keep playing it.

Live Arcade is certainly a leap forward in terms of being able to pfaff around on your console when you're not playing regular titles on it, but I don't think even Forza 2 and Halo 3 will really offer anything 'new' per se, just the same old gameplay on a next-gen system with shiny graphics.

Overall, nothing stands out as being truly original AND absorbing (Rockstar Table Tennis is truly original but I wouldn't categorise it as absorbing, even Oblivion is a sequel to a previous incarnation on the Xbox).

Having said that, Test Drive Unlimited and Enchanted Arms are both out on Friday.

TDU offers something I've never seen before (Massively Multiplayer Online Racing on a HUGE free-roaming island) and the demo gave a small glimpse of this, but I was a bit 'meh' about the gameplay. The TDU feedback on the XBox forums does seem very positive though now that TDU has been received by some gamers in other regions, so I might give it a second look.

Enchanted Arms looks very similar in gameplay and style to FFX, so that's in the bag already so to speak.

Since getting the 360 my PS2 hasn't been touched despite all my games being together on the same shelf and despite my PS2 standing upright next to the 360. (Although in truth I think much of this has to do with the fact that I can play FFXI on my 360 and I tend to play that an awful lot).
Wed 06/09/06 at 12:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
"Worth getting a 360 yet?"

Probably the best time to get one is now, if they now lower their prices for Christmas (which they should). Then the 360 could get a massive jump in sales from Europe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.