GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will you stay with ps2 or go to x box/gamecube?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 11:00
Regular
I am staying with ps2 cause it has quality games.Gamecube is not that good.I might get a x box sometime though.
Tue 02/04/02 at 11:11
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
No i'm not at all impressed by the X-box i think it's going to be the console that flops out of the three. It's overpriced and as you say too indiferent from the PS2. Plus i think the PS2 has more to offer really
Tue 02/04/02 at 10:31
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Well for the time being I wont be buying another console. PS2 is just like the others though, when I do decide to get a Gamecube or X Box the PS2 will still stay where it is so I can still play the great games.

At the moment I think I will probably get a GC next - the price is much better obviously than the X Box and also the games are different - most of the X Box games are too similar in style, genre to the type of games that are available on PS2 at the mo - I will definatly wait to see what the future holds for X Box - not impressed enough at the mo.
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:37
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
True Nintendo did get the credit ten years ago but not really at the moment, But i don't think that the N64 was that much of a flop i think it was quite succesful as it's seen of competition from the two sega consoles (saturn and dreamcast) quite easily to become the only rival to the PSone. Plus it also developed a lot of quality games (e.g. Goldenye, Donkey Kong, ISS64 e.t.c) and a lot of people do own an N64 console.
Mon 01/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
Treguard wrote:
> gamecube looks a pretty safe investment and will sell well, and hopefully
> nintendo will be able to break away from that young kids image, and start to get
> the credit that they deserve.

no chance of them breaking away from the kiddy image they have, just look at the games they got coming out for it.

nintendo got all the credit they deserved with the SNES and gameboy series. the N64 was a flop as will the gamecube be.
Mon 01/04/02 at 16:34
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> im staying with the best console ive ever had - PS 2.

the ps2 was the best consol i ever had, till i got an X Box
Sun 31/03/02 at 12:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm definatly keeping my PS2. I might buy a GC or X-Box but probably not for a while, I want to see how well they do fist.
Sun 31/03/02 at 12:35
Regular
i'm going tostick with ps2 and get a gamecube
Sun 31/03/02 at 11:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
well i'vm gonna keep my ps2....and have recently got my xbox which i think is really good...i MIGHT get a gc for the odd exclusive that i want such as some of the FF titles that will be made for it and resident evil series...
Sun 31/03/02 at 08:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Iam keeping my PS2 but have an Xbox aswell. I also will get a GC.

PS2 is good as it does have some great games that arent on the Xbox at the moment.

Xbox is also great. Halo has got to be one of the best games ever. The single player game is great and the multi-player games are even better.
Sun 31/03/02 at 00:32
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
I will definetly be keeping my PS2 as the X-box doesn't interest me in the slightest though i may be tempted to purchase a gamecube because there aren't really any Playstation games that interest me at the moment. And i think the gamecube looks a pretty safe investment and will sell well, and hopefully nintendo will be able to break away from that young kids image, and start to get the credit that they deserve.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.