GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will you stay with ps2 or go to x box/gamecube?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 11:00
Regular
I am staying with ps2 cause it has quality games.Gamecube is not that good.I might get a x box sometime though.
Wed 03/04/02 at 13:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would gladly have all 3 if funds permitted, but as im not a million pound man at the minute im sticking with the PS2, its got the games i want ect so its the one for me.

If i was to get another console, id go for the GC, got some great games coming to it, will easily be the best for platform gaming and then its got some great RPG's coming too. Resident Evil is also a big magnet to it too.
Wed 03/04/02 at 13:53
Regular
AFX wrote:
no chance of
> them breaking away from the kiddy image they have, just look at the games they
> got coming out for it.

nintendo got all the credit they deserved with the
> SNES and gameboy series. the N64 was a flop as will the gamecube be.

Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Final Fanstasy, Timesplitters 2, Soul Calibur 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Virtual Fighter RPG...all coming out for Gamecube

Still a kiddy image? GameCube a flop? It has already shifted 2 Million units in the US and you will be hard pressed to get a Gamecube at launch here even if you pre-order now.
Wed 03/04/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
beanz wrote:
> suprised you two haven't been playing coop halo...it rox...

Yeah, he has got that but just haven't got round to playing it yet.....don't worry I do intend to have a good look at this game as I've seen and heard some good reviews.

Just hooked on PGR at the moment and so is he.
Wed 03/04/02 at 12:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
suprised you two haven't been playing coop halo...it rox...
as for pgr...it is everything msr should have been...part of the problem for me (and my bro) in msr was that we couldn't see clearly where to go cos of the graphics mainly...all that's been sorted now
Wed 03/04/02 at 11:41
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
adrian wrote:
>No its the sequel.

That thought had occurred to me but didn't want to make myself look like a complete fool.

Hopefully will be putting a few more miles on the clock tonight.
Wed 03/04/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Treguard wrote:
> Isn't Gotham Street Racing a copy of Metropolis Street Racer of the
> Dreamcast???

No its the sequel.
Wed 03/04/02 at 11:22
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Treguard wrote:
> Isn't Gotham Street Racing a copy of Metropolis Street Racer of the Dreamcast???

It probably is but as I've never played that on the Dreamcast I wouldn't have the foggiest. Anyway, as I said I've been very impressed by the game so that doesn't really matter. ;D
Wed 03/04/02 at 11:16
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
Isn't Gotham Street Racing a copy of Metropolis Street Racer of the Dreamcast???
Wed 03/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'm going to take the decision to stick with my PS2 for now. The X-Box wasn't a consideration for me personally but I've now played on one for the last two days (mate has bought one) and I've gotta say I'm quite impressed.

I've only been playing on Project Gotham Racing and I've become quite hooked. The controller, now I can actually hold one properly instead of being attached to those stupid arms in EB display boxes is quite nice. I still can't get used to the accelerate/brake control stick but the triggers work well.

Seeing as my mate only lives 5 mins walk from me and I'm always welcome round there I really don't see any point in me getting one, until we both move too far away from each other, then I'll be off to the shops for one.

GC, still got reservations about that so I'll say no for the moment.
Wed 03/04/02 at 11:02
Regular
"accidental superher"
Treguard wrote:
> No i'm not at all impressed by the X-box i think it's going to be the console
> that flops out of the three. It's overpriced and as you say too indiferent from
> the PS2. Plus i think the PS2 has more to offer really

even though it is the most expensive out all of the three consoles...the xbox does get a lot of stuff that the ps2 does not have to start off with. a hard drive -no need for mem cards WAHEY. 4 controller ports -not a big deal but it is better than having to fork out 30 quid for a ps2 multitap (i know the official ones are more expensive but they're normally more reliable). Broadband capabilities already available- even though it isn't activated yet it is good to know we don't have to fork out extra later. one gripe that people keep on going on about is the fact that you need to buy a dvd playback kit. thing is though that most people who have the xbox will already have a dvd player...cos some will have a ps2 as well like me and many have a dedicated dvd player already. does it really bother me....no. i won't start going into all the jargon but the xbox is also the most powerful console. in my opinion the graphics (remember this is ONLY AN OPINION) is better than the ps2 -the textures especially. and as this is only the first batch of games, the graphics will definitely improve over time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.