GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will you stay with ps2 or go to x box/gamecube?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 11:00
Regular
I am staying with ps2 cause it has quality games.Gamecube is not that good.I might get a x box sometime though.
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:03
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
Well i think that the X-box will probly do a dreamcast and flop. And the Gamecube will be the PS2's main competition. But the PS2 will still control the gaming market,
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just thought I would mention one thing that most people seem to forget.

Gamecube also has absoloutely fantastic graphics - better than the PS2, and certainly as good as the Xbox. It is not just cheap (very good) but it also provides real quality.

To all those who complained about N64 games being to expensive - are you saying GC is TOO cheap? What? Are you trying to pick another hole in Nintendos armour? (not many!)
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:32
Regular
ReadingFC wrote:
> Just to let you know wayne that joke was not funny!That was more lame then why
> did the chicken cross the road!

Come to think about it, why did the chicken cross the road?
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:26
Regular
It's just stupid sticking to one console out of blind faith. I am a huge fan of PS2 but I am not stupid to stick to it when I could play Mario and Zelda as well on Gamecube and enjoy the best of both worlds.

So, in answer to your question, no.
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:24
Sony's Playstation consoles are now well established, with good sales and a plethora of games (admittedly only a handful of quality ones!) so it would be silly to trade-in the PS2 now. However, as many have pointed out, there's no reason why you shouldn't also purchase another console (funds permitting of course!)

To be honest I like the XBox (don't give two hoots what it looks like) I'm used to the controllers and thought DOA3 and Halo were very impressive. Although, as discussed, it's probably wise to wait and see before purchasing either new console. If the XBox can survive the screw up it had in Japan and produce some quality games like the PS2s PES and GTA3, then around Chrimbo my fingers may start to get itchy!!!

My cousins pre-ordered the GameCube so I'll have a 'Frank Butchers' at that, but I think the next big buy on my list may be a new PC - thinking of getting a laptop, with a great big bloomin' RAM !! Wonder how the PC games compete? Heard CM2002 is very good.

Cheers
Sat 06/04/02 at 02:04
PS2 because so many good games are comming out on the ps2. and i just boujht a x-box and games like darksummit, tony hawk pro skatter 3 and dave mirra freestyle bmx 2 are no where near the ps2 version well they have everything same except the sound which is better in the xbox but it's better to play these kind of game's on the ps2 because the xbox's got big huge joypad which are hard and hard to figure out the button's on the joypad.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:44
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Yes, I too will stick with the PS2 for the time being. Will have to see what new releases come out for the other consoles before deciding otherwise.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:37
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I'm sticking with the PS2 purely for financial reasons. It's still the best console in my mind (although i've not actually played a GC yet) and I can't afford to spend £300 on a console I might then decide isn't worth playing.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:35
PS2 the place not to b wrote:
> i will have to go with the xbox becuase the gamecube will just be another n64
> with good games but not many games and the ps2 is ok grafics but compare bond
> 007 on the ps2 to halo on the xbox it is just funny compareing the grafics also
> the ps2 pad is to small i sopose all the ppl with ps2's have small d***s to hold
> on to so i will let them off.
opps i am goin to get banned now bye :-)
ps
> don't ban me i just bought an xbox from you

Rob ur a prat sometimes but I admit I havn't sat down and played my ps2 like I used to since I got my x-box its a more complete package in my mind. The price of the PS2 will increase incredably once the HDD and modem come out
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:19
i will have to go with the xbox becuase the gamecube will just be another n64 with good games but not many games and the ps2 is ok grafics but compare bond 007 on the ps2 to halo on the xbox it is just funny compareing the grafics also the ps2 pad is to small i sopose all the ppl with ps2's have small d***s to hold on to so i will let them off.
opps i am goin to get banned now bye :-)
ps don't ban me i just bought an xbox from you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.