GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Site Navigation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/10/02 at 00:38
Regular
Does anybody think the navigation of our site is confusing.

Please answer YES or NO and if YES state WHY.

Ta
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:43
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Why do you have 'All PC' at the top of every new list of links? Surely uyou only need 1, right next to the other PC stuff?
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:45
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
yeh there are too many links. Put fewer on their and make em bigger.

my main problem though is that because of my screen resolution i have SR covering just over half of the screen then white nothingness covering the rest (well not the screen, the window) ah i dunno.
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:46
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Yeah, my res. is 1024 x 768 and there about 1/4 of the screen thats just white nothingness..
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:47
"possibly impossible"
Yes and No.

The site itself is fairly easy to navigate and the way the forums are layed out is certainly better than any other forum I've been on, but the only search engine on the forums is hidden and even then it's not very comprehensive.

The links on the left are good, but could do with being spaced out more or making it easy to pick between different consoles/items. There should also be a link on the left straight to fog chat (here) so that as soon as you get to ukgames.com, you can click once to get here.

Looking at the games lists or hardware items can be a bit of a pain too, it would be nicer to look at other sites that sell games (yes, there are some!) and the way they list them when you do a search or look at the charts. Though having all the information there is nice, it does make the list look quite crowded and cramped and you don't even get any pictures next to them until you choose a single item.
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I think its fine how it is, If you spend a while on the site you get used to it. Whats the need for 8 "All PC" links though?
Sat 26/10/02 at 10:17
Regular
"..."
Kyz22 wrote:
> I think its fine how it is, If you spend a while on the site you get
> used to it. Whats the need for 8 "All PC" links though?

I have no idea, But yes it is crazy.

The majority of them go to the same place anyway. ie. All PC, PC Parts and PC Peripherals all go to the same site. We are just making sure you are totally confused. :)
Sat 26/10/02 at 10:24
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Heh, well it's working :D
You're quite the rebellious staff member, diasgreeing with the system, aren't you Darkus..

Need more of you :D
Sat 26/10/02 at 10:30
Regular
"..."
The truth is a beautiful thing... :)
Sat 26/10/02 at 10:38
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Just out of interest, what competitor was Tony talking about in the post about staffd holidays and staff resuscitating (sp) a competitor, or something like that?

And back the the original point, the links above and below the banner are almost unoticable. The system I guess is fine, but very cluttered.

Apart from that, it's all good :)
Sat 26/10/02 at 11:08
Regular
"..."
Perhaps a bit neater down the side like this:?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/darkus/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.