GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Site Navigation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/10/02 at 00:38
Regular
Does anybody think the navigation of our site is confusing.

Please answer YES or NO and if YES state WHY.

Ta
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
er-no wrote:
> No. However -
>
> Well, I am used to it however my dad has commented on there being far
> too many links which all seem to go to the same areas. The left hand
> side could be made a lot shorter and instead of having PC Graphics
> Cards, PC Ram ...etc.. just Have 'PCParts'.

Initially i thought that too, however when i actually had to look for stuff, i found it immensely handy that the links were so comprehensive, i found exactly what i was looking for in a flash.
Sat 26/10/02 at 01:00
Regular
At the top of most of the sections it has 'All PC', what more do you want?
Sat 26/10/02 at 01:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Navigation on the site is very good, but as mentioned before all the PC parts stuff and also the freeola stuff could maybe be better in just one link and then links from that page to the specific areas.

Also the menu at the top of the page above and below the banners is a little crammped. Perhaps SR shops, Clips, Telesales and news could be put on the side menu to ease up the space.
Sat 26/10/02 at 01:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
Maybe, five images at the top and a side banner down the right.

The images could have a word under -

(gif of consoles and a pc) - Gaming

etc etc..

That would look cool and be more modern, well. you could try it.

:| .. if not I will and you can see it :-D
Sat 26/10/02 at 01:06
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
No...

You have alot of links to choose from as you can see on the left,
This helps as the thing you are looking for is useally on there...

But however when it says site map :) It is basically the site map :D
Sat 26/10/02 at 02:21
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
No way!

Look at this forum I took part of it a little while ago but it's layout was like way too confusing!! I'll just stayed with one forum.
Sat 26/10/02 at 08:56
Regular
"..."
Come on, be honest... :)
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:20
Have I found it hard finding my way around the site? No, not really. Not in the sense hard but maybe a little annoying. When I tried to view the cheats I had to keep typing in my email address and postcode, that's probably just me being lazy though :P The layout down the left hand side is really useful because I didn't spot that little search box until this morning :) To make the writing on the left hand side stand out more you could change the colour of the writing for each thing, maybe?
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:32
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yes.

But only because i've not been here for a while.

For the page to fit perfectly, you need to have a really small web font, or an extremely small PC monitor; I think having slightly larger writing would help... I know you can change it, but the web-page goes all out of sync.

I also think it'd be a better idea if you split the web-site. Because PC is so vast and has quite a few sub-areas... "PC Parts" "PC Peripherals" etc, it might be worth splitting the web-site like we did with the FOG Forum, thus freeing up more room for A) Pictures, which there isn't enough of. And B) A bigger font, which would help my eyes... especially after a 3-hour session on TimeSplitters 2.

You could have http://PC.SRDN.COM - and - http://GAMES.SRDN.COM.

Just an idea.

The main problem is the small writing for members with large monitors, and the fact that most people will just see all the white writing down the side and shudder at the thought of filtering through it to find their desired link.

Game
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:39
Regular
"..."
The Game wrote:

most people will just see all the white writing down
> the side and shudder at the thought of filtering through it to find
> their desired link.

Bingo! I totally agree :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.