GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox 2- what you want"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/11/02 at 23:55
Regular
Xbox 2 WILL happen for sure. MS is in the games industry to stay.

When will Xbox 2 arrive, latest estimates are BEFORE PS3. A wise move?

It'll be xbox Live backwards compatable surely, as xbox live is a 20 year dream according to allard. Good stuff.

Wha do you want it to have? Games consoles will be turing more and more into all in one entertainment centres so spit it out.

Just a brainstorm of what Xbox 2 should be all about.
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:22
Regular
Dead bodies don't disappear? Christ, the city would be swimming in 'em by your first week! The graphics would be the same, and the sound wouldn't be changed nor the gameworld.
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:15
Regular
GTA on Xbox - Better graphics, Faster Loading times, Bigger gameworld, Downloadable content, Dolby Digital 5.1, Game saves itself, so any dead bodys don't dissapear ect ect.
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have heard a 2700Mhz processor from Intel, probably dual processor as well. Backwards compatilbility and the option to connect the old to the new in terms of controllers and 8-player.
Sat 09/11/02 at 21:56
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> GTA would be tasty, But I still think Rockstar are retarded for
> scrapping the multiformat idea, GTA:VC would of been out-of-this-world
> on Xbox.

Apart from loading times, I don't see how it could have been improved on X-Box. The PS2 game is very, very good.
Sat 09/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> It is a nice propect isn't it - X-Box 2 launching with the likes of a
> big Rare release, Halo 3 and maybe a GTA game. ;-)

Although its kinda strange planning ahead for Xbox2 allready!

You know what i think would be really cool? If Nintendo and Microsoft teamed up and made an X-Cube or something as their next gen console.

GTA would be tasty, But I still think Rockstar are retarded for scrapping the multiformat idea, GTA:VC would of been out-of-this-world on Xbox.
Sat 09/11/02 at 11:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
It is a nice propect isn't it - X-Box 2 launching with the likes of a big Rare release, Halo 3 and maybe a GTA game. ;-)
Sat 09/11/02 at 00:41
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh, sand seeing as the GTA exclusive to sony runs out in what 2004? MS should nab the rights.

Thats the thing with Xbox, its had great games(DOA3, PGR, Halo, Munch) but no real mainstream mega sellers if you know what i mean. Imagine GTA on XboxLive, people could interact in the cites, evey member of the gangs could be controllerd by someone on the other side of the world. There could be Missions to attack other gangs to go up in world rankings as the toughest gangsters around. You could even have street races and everythin against other people along with countless other ideas.

This is the way games need to evolve, going online, opening up and showing there true potential.
Sat 09/11/02 at 00:30
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Some nice ideas, but nothing there that screems next next gen.

How about new features? Xbox hard disk can already store PLENTY of music on it, why couldn't Xbox2 have some kind of editing, mixing device that perhaps allows you to create bootlegs and such.

MS should include ALL xbox live kit straight out of the box, meaning every xbox owner will get say 6 months scbscription straight away when they buy the console and they can then continue on afterards if they wish. The whole xboxLive thing could be such a huge deal. PS3 might be known as the normal ultifuctial device, still mainstream and Xbox2 mught get know as being completely new Online console.

Should MS even stick with the xbox brand? Should they change the name?

Xbox has always prided itself with being the powerfull console, so should they outspec PS3 even if it launchs say 6 months before? It matters to many people, I think they should.

I HOPE the rare recieving xbox 2 kit is true as that means rare have years to produce a killer xbox2 launch game. Halo2 will be out next year so mabye they may be enough time for Halo3 at xbox launch?

I'm getting way ahead of myself and the industry as it stands but there's no harm in just talking about it.
Fri 08/11/02 at 23:44
too true strafex mate.
Fri 08/11/02 at 23:25
Regular
Mantis wrote:

> When will Xbox 2 arrive, latest estimates are BEFORE PS3. A wise
> move?

Are you kidding?
In how many ways is the PS2 better than the Xbox and Gamecube?

The ONLY advantage it has is that it's been around so long on it's own that it's got a stronger userbase so third parties favour it with titles such as Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid.

Take a look at it's launch.
Imagine the Xbox or Gamecube had been launched at the same time.

Better still, imagine the Xbox had wooed the world with Halo 6 months before the PS2. Now how would the PS2 launch look?

MS know this.

All they have to make sure is that the Xbox2 doesn't do a Dreamcast on them...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.