GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox 2- what you want"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/11/02 at 23:55
Regular
Xbox 2 WILL happen for sure. MS is in the games industry to stay.

When will Xbox 2 arrive, latest estimates are BEFORE PS3. A wise move?

It'll be xbox Live backwards compatable surely, as xbox live is a 20 year dream according to allard. Good stuff.

Wha do you want it to have? Games consoles will be turing more and more into all in one entertainment centres so spit it out.

Just a brainstorm of what Xbox 2 should be all about.
Mon 11/11/02 at 14:27
gamezfreak wrote:
> Including Project Gotham Racing 2...

Online PGR = gaming goodness.
Sun 10/11/02 at 19:17
Regular
Strafex wrote:

>
> IBM previously announced a 110 Ghz processor prototype using this
> technology a while back.

Strangely enough, I think IBM are talking crap.
Sun 10/11/02 at 18:40
Regular
Including Project Gotham Racing 2...
Sun 10/11/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
MS are already building xbox only franchises, Halo and Blinx have sequals being made.
Sun 10/11/02 at 11:34
Regular
PS3, Bah it sounds a bit optimistic to have a processor that is meant to be 1000 times more powerful than the PS2.
Sun 10/11/02 at 01:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Exactly. ;-) Overall I'm just looking forward to what the current console is bringning. :-)
Sun 10/11/02 at 01:00
Regular
I suppose I got the wrong idea.

Naturally we'll be raving about sequels because that's what we can see coming. I expect MS have some tricks ready but we can't rave about what we don't have a clue about! :-D
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but then look at all the Tekken, Ridge Racer and Gran Turismo games. Its not so much a case of being cocky, its giving players more of the games they love.
I'll happily play sequels to Halo and Mech Assault as they have stories to them that I like to play through.
I mean if a bunch of sequels are thrown together with random stories for the sake of it then that'll become boring - but I like it when it carries on developing a story. Of course playability is the main thing, etc - but its always great if you enjoy the plot it offers too. :-)
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:51
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> I dunno, Nintendo and Sony seem to do fine with the updates. ;-)
> Just a case of continuing the games which people enjoy.

I'll tell you though, while the Gamecube launch was solid, nothing's really blown me away Goldeneye/Zelda 64 style.
As for the PS2, it got GTA3 eventually (I know there's a 3 in the name, but there's a HUGE evolution from previous titles) and Sony's rep is so strong, it didn't need any heavy class games to make a sucess.

MS can't afford to be so cocky.
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:46
Regular
er-no wrote:

> Thats all bs, no motherboard and supporting visuals could support such
> a process. No matter what Sony say.

IBM previously announced a 110 Ghz processor prototype using this technology a while back.
I expect the motherboard/graphics etc would use similar technology to keep up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.