GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway goes gold!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Tue 19/11/02 at 15:00
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2234

Gentlemen, start your drooling!
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:52
"High polygon count"
Just been reading this news story...

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2266

...which says that The Getaway has been "heavily censored" in Australia.

Bit soft, these Aussies, eh? Considering they're a bunch of criminals themselves... since when did HM's largest open-plan prison develop a moral stance? ;-p
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:47
"High polygon count"
There are also no buses - well, not that I've seen, anyway.

I'm sure they've just been removed for the demo, as they did have to fit quite a bit of other stuff on there too. :-)
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:43
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Hey Blank, I know where you mean, that's is were I saw all the vans.
> There was also heaps of old MR2's.

Yep, they've got the ratios all wrong. Let's hope that's because it's a demo and certain cars have been removed and replaced with others - for example loads of Lexii but not one Mercedes (I haven't seen any anyway), and the Toyota's are the only sports-ish car I can find.
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:29
Lets just be thankfull that the game is finally getting released!
Tue 03/12/02 at 15:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You never know, they might release it early, but then that's unlikely. Though I still think it's unlikely to be released in the middle of the week. We'll see anyway, only a week to go now.
Tue 03/12/02 at 08:21
Maybe Sony, being who they are, just wanted to be different.

Or all the sites got there info from the same source which was actually wrong, and they will all be changing it very soon.
Tue 03/12/02 at 08:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Is it reasonable to think that the date will be 'put back' to the friday of that week? Or are they just after a head start on all the other games that week?
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:29
"High polygon count"
I only realised today that 11th December - the release date for The Getaway - is actually a Wednesday!

It must be right, because everywhere has that as the date - but isn't it a bit odd? Games are ALWAYS released on a Friday!

Anyone know the reasoning behind this?
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:28
Regular
"  "
Hey Blank, I know where you mean, that's is were I saw all the vans. There was also heaps of old MR2's.
Sun 01/12/02 at 11:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It could be, let's hope so. There's two more shotguns in a room up some stairs I think, if you ever drop it again.

I think it'd be a cool idea if you could do something to the gangster's car that affected the game later on. For instance, and this is just hypothetical, if you shoot a tyre out then the chase mission after it becomes easier, or the mob give you a harder time for destroying their property. Just an idea :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.