GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
Is there any truth in the rumour that the Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens which sega flogged off cheap to Nintendo, then again I am not sure if the Sega Gamegear screens are better.

Also who in there right mind wants to play SNES style games from the GBA on there Gamecube as if.
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:04
"+ suspicious minds"
the gameboy advance uses LCD graphics, you dunce! its easyer to make pokemon style graphics than make often abysmal attempts at 3D Characters
Thu 02/01/03 at 01:44
Regular
Update2.01 wrote:
> I am disappointed in what the GBA can do. All of the games I have seen
> look like cartoon games. There is little or no attempt at glossy more
> life like images. Saw a motorbike racer the other day, and that looked
> like a cartoon picture as well. Why? The technology must be there now
> to allow portable consoles to do better graphics than this. And why
> the obsession with the old side scrolling games. Seen it, done it. Why
> bring it all back - ok let a couple of "classics" through,
> but not this many. The only reason why GBA is so popular is because
> there is no serious alternative. Game cart prices are a bit high as
> well, considering what you get. Doesn’t matter if it's got Online or
> GC hook up, or both, if looks like this, I wont be tempted.

Aww, you poor boy, the graphics are bad? Awwww. THing is though, Nintendo have made a portable sytem with excellent graphics and games. It'sc called the Gamcube and you buy a screen for it. It's definately more portable than the Gamegear. Why isn't it 60 million Cubes sold then? Maybe, em, they want even more excellent games like the ones on the GBA? Just a possibility. I couldn't care about sales though, just cause it's sold loads doesn't make it amazing, does it Update, Top Score. I bet though, if it had a SOny logo on it and not Nintendo, you'd be AH OUR GBA IS AMZING!! What do you have? The Gameboy Colour! HaHa!

Still, you can't reflect on the number of sales to say how good it is, can you Update2.01 or Top Score?
Thu 02/01/03 at 09:14
Regular
Well, if Sony made the PS3 broadband only (no DVD, CD, just downloads), and charged say £600 as well, then no I wouldn't buy it.

The only reason GBA does so well, is that there is no competition in that market. You wan't a portable system, it's got to be GBA.
Thu 02/01/03 at 09:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
Update2.01 wrote:
> The only reason GBA does so well, is that there is no competition in
> that market. You wan't a portable system, it's got to be GBA.

And that is why the PS2 and PS1 sold well
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:07
Regular
Plenty of next gen console choice now. No less than 3 to choose from!

The fact that PS2 continues to out pace it's rivals must be due to quality, or games selection, or whatever. If PS2 had sold so well before just because it was the only Next-Gen out there (but don't forget the DC), why haven't we seen a big swing to the other new consoles (ie, GC and Xbox)?
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Festivus!"
Update2.01 wrote:
> The fact that PS2 continues to out pace it's rivals must be due to
> quality, or games selection, or whatever. If PS2 had sold so well
> before just because it was the only Next-Gen out there (but don't
> forget the DC), why haven't we seen a big swing to the other new
> consoles (ie, GC and Xbox)?

Because it's cool. People only want them because their mates own one and want to be in with the in crowd. It's become more of a fashion accessory rather than a games console.
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:15
Regular
Idlewild wrote:
> Update2.01 wrote:
> The fact that PS2 continues to out pace it's rivals must be due to
> quality, or games selection, or whatever. If PS2 had sold so well
> before just because it was the only Next-Gen out there (but don't
> forget the DC), why haven't we seen a big swing to the other new
> consoles (ie, GC and Xbox)?
>
> Because it's cool. People only want them because their mates own one
> and want to be in with the in crowd. It's become more of a fashion
> accessory rather than a games console.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe, Microsoft and Nintendo should take notes!
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Festivus!"
Update2.01 wrote:
> Is that a bad thing? Maybe, Microsoft and Nintendo should take notes!

I'd rather Ninty go out of buissness than rely on image rather tha great games.
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:51
Regular
Whats the point in making good games, if you dont tell people about them? Where's the marketing Nintendo/MS?

Or, could be that people do know about them, but have decided that Sony offer a better selection of games.
Thu 02/01/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I have personally just traded my PS2 (and my ex girlfriends Chrissy presents) in for an xbox.

I bought a PS2 for GTA3, but apart from that game, Vice City, Stuntman and Pro Evo, I didn't really enjoy any of the thirty games I bought (with the exception of THPS3 and CMR3, which are multi format anyway)

Where as I enjoyed almost all of the thirty N64 games that I own, the PS2 just hasn't got something for me, yes its cool, but it just doesn't have the game play, I I really don't like the controller, the analogue sticks are so bloody awkward)

The games I bought with my xbox I enjoy all of, Especially Splinter Cell and Halo.

I refused to get original controllers, as I really don't like them, they are awkward, So I got three controller S as well as the original one in the box.

If I had had the chhoice though, I would have bought a gamecube, but I had to have a DVD player.

As for this topic - Top Score, Youre a Dipstick.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.