GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
Is there any truth in the rumour that the Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens which sega flogged off cheap to Nintendo, then again I am not sure if the Sega Gamegear screens are better.

Also who in there right mind wants to play SNES style games from the GBA on there Gamecube as if.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
Is there any truth in the rumour that the Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens which sega flogged off cheap to Nintendo, then again I am not sure if the Sega Gamegear screens are better.

Also who in there right mind wants to play SNES style games from the GBA on there Gamecube as if.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Festivus!"
Top score wrote:
> Is there any truth in the rumour that the Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega
> Gamegear screens which sega flogged off cheap to Nintendo, then again
> I am not sure if the Sega Gamegear screens are better.

Erm.... No... Isn't there a Ninty forum for this?

> Also who in there right mind wants to play SNES style games from the
> GBA on there Gamecube as if.

Me.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hah! What a pile of, well, god knows what it is. Anyway, no, they use either Sharp or Panasonc screens, and I know that for a fact, as I modded my GBA, and had to lift the screen up to do so, seeing that it was made by Sharp.

Second thing is, i'm going to play GBA games on my GC, as there are some quality multiplayer titles, that would plaay much better on a big screen, such as Advance wars etc.
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:44
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> Top score wrote:
> Is there any truth in the rumour that the Gameboy Unadvanced uses
> Sega
> Gamegear screens which sega flogged off cheap to Nintendo, then
> again
> I am not sure if the Sega Gamegear screens are better.
>
> Erm.... No... Isn't there a Ninty forum for this?
>
> Also who in there right mind wants to play SNES style games from the
> GBA on there Gamecube as if.
>
> Me.

Obviously the Lamecube has a shortage of quality titles and you have to resort to playing GBA games on the it. Mind I bet the graphics are even better when blown up that big.
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:49
"slightlyshortertagl"
*laughs at newbie's names for consoles*
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:58
"Darkness, always"
Top score wrote:
> Obviously the Lamecube has a shortage of quality titles and you have
> to resort to playing GBA games on the it. Mind I bet the graphics are
> even better when blown up that big.

Coming from someone who would have us believe that the PS2s backwards compatibility makes it even better, this only causes you to sound like an ignorant hypocrite.
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Top Score = Top Bore
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
The majority of times I've noticed Top Score's posts they seem to contain some anti nintendo sentiment, which only leads me to the suspicion that he/she is a repressed nintendo lover that has had some nintendo related trauma in the past to turn them against said company. :)
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:27
Regular
Top score wrote:

> Obviously the Lamecube has a shortage of quality titles and you have
> to resort to playing GBA games on the it. Mind I bet the graphics are
> even better when blown up that big.

Lamecube?

I can't beleive you just said that. I really now have lost the small amount of hope that I had in you one day becoming something other than a spotty faced goon.
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:30
"You love us!"
Top score = moron

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.