GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
Is there any truth in the rumour that the Gameboy Unadvanced uses Sega Gamegear screens which sega flogged off cheap to Nintendo, then again I am not sure if the Sega Gamegear screens are better.

Also who in there right mind wants to play SNES style games from the GBA on there Gamecube as if.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:07
"...Unicef pennies.."
Top score wrote:
> Sorry mate not interest in over hype, over rated mickey mouse products
> like the GBA.

Who do you work for?

Sony? Microsoft?
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:09
Regular
Top score wrote:

> like the GBA.

This coming from the PS2 fanboy....oh the irony.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:14
Regular
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> Top score wrote:
> Sorry mate not interest in over hype, over rated mickey mouse
> products
> like the GBA.
>
> Who do you work for?
>
> Sony? Microsoft?

Don't get ripped-off.com
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Festivus!"
> Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> Who do you work for?

> Top score wrote:
> Don't get ripped-off.com

1) You can't have spaces in web addys, unless you work DO for 'ripped-off.com'

2) Get a life. And learn the real names for consoles.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:51
Regular
Top score wrote:
> sideshow buzz wrote:
> Top score... a question for you:
> do you own a GBA?
>
> like the GBA.

Ah but if the online through your Gamecube possability turns out to be fact then you'll be eating your words. That is one hell of a GBA future.
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:11
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Top score wrote:
>
> Sorry mate not interest in over hype, over rated mickey mouse
> products
> like the GBA.
>
> This coming from the PS2 fanboy....oh the irony.

Rats! Tilt beat me to this one! :-D
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:29
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Top Score,

Perhaps you could put your anti-Nintendo arguements in a seperate post. That way, we'll all have something concrete to comment on without hijacking this thread. So far, you have made the (incorrect) allegation that the Nintendo Gameboy Advance uses old screens from the Sega GameGear, and substituted the names of some Nintendo consoles with "humourous" alternatives.

State your concerns in writing, or FO
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:46
"+ suspicious minds"
in awnser to your last question, about 60 million people world wide. the GBA hasoutsold the PS2 you monk, so stop making out its infirior.

to any sony fans Otherr than top score, i apologise. they are completly different markets, but if you are going to go around saying stuff like that, it just has to be said.
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:59
Regular
I am disappointed in what the GBA can do. All of the games I have seen look like cartoon games. There is little or no attempt at glossy more life like images. Saw a motorbike racer the other day, and that looked like a cartoon picture as well. Why? The technology must be there now to allow portable consoles to do better graphics than this. And why the obsession with the old side scrolling games. Seen it, done it. Why bring it all back - ok let a couple of "classics" through, but not this many. The only reason why GBA is so popular is because there is no serious alternative. Game cart prices are a bit high as well, considering what you get. Doesn’t matter if it's got Online or GC hook up, or both, if looks like this, I wont be tempted.
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Top Score thrives off peoples hatred seemingly.

Oh. Unadvanced.

Well, let me see. Its a more advanced version of the GB. So. Are you saying that it is actualy the same level as the original GB?

You really are an idiot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.