GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bombard Panasonic with E-Mails"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 21:05
Regular
I, Like most other Nintendo fans would literally KILL to get hold of a proper UK version of the 'Q' Cube, not just some tat imported from Japan and modified. If we all e-mailed Panasonic and DEMANDED they release the thing over here they might just take some notice (Its only a might though)! All you need to do do is type in Panasonic.co.uk on your web browser and press the 'contact us' button then send your 'request'!

I will warn you though that you will undoubtedly get fobbed off with every excuse under the sun about why they wont release it (as I have). Just keep on e-mailing until they do release it!

The more of us that do it the more it might work!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
TELL YOUR ENEMIES
TELL YOUR NEIGHBOURS!
TELL YOUR GRANNY!
TELL EVERYBODY - LITERALLY!!
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:32
Regular
Different Stripes wrote:
> Alcofrolic wrote:
>
> think about it, what would be the point?
>
> Exactly, thats why you won't find any.
>
> The PAL version (for obvious reasons) of every console ever has been
> modded to play US and Jap games. It is of course, perfectly possible
> and just as easy (if you know how) to mod an NTSC console to play PAL
> games.
>
> Therefore, it is certain that someone who knows how to mod, has bought
> a Qube and modded it to play UK games.
>
> But because theres never been a point to modding PAL consoles,
> companies/groups/businesses or whatever won't design and service a mod
> chip to play UK games, but that doens't stop individuals from doing it
> themselves.
>

very nicely made up there

lol

you cannot mod a JAP or US cube to play UK games for a few reasons.

One, the power consumtion, this causes the laser to read discs at different speeds.
Two, the resolution and refresh rate of NTSC screens is not compatible with that of UK PAL games or screens. ( why do you think you need an NTSC compatible TV to play imported games or DVDs?)
Three, the coding of the software in a US or JAP console is totally different to that of a UK machine. if this wasnt the case then the machines would be released at the same time in every country.

So, in short there is no way of modding a US or JAP machine to play UK games.
This, im afraid, is FACT!

do some research and then post some more.

I dont recall there being a mod chip to allow UK games to be played on a US or JAP N64, MegaDrive, SNES(famicon), Dremacast or indeed any other console!
all of which i have owned!
> Therefore, a mod chip for UK games does exsist.
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:28
Regular
"^_^"
I think it is so that there is less time spent on converting them to pal. No language change neccessary!
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:26
Regular
Alcofrolic wrote:

> think about it, what would be the point?

Exactly, thats why you won't find any.

The PAL version (for obvious reasons) of every console ever has been modded to play US and Jap games. It is of course, perfectly possible and just as easy (if you know how) to mod an NTSC console to play PAL games.

Therefore, it is certain that someone who knows how to mod, has bought a Qube and modded it to play UK games.

But because theres never been a point to modding PAL consoles, companies/groups/businesses or whatever won't design and service a mod chip to play UK games, but that doens't stop individuals from doing it themselves.

Therefore, a mod chip for UK games does exsist.
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Unretired"
Hmm, why do JAP games always have english speech?
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:24
Regular
the basics yeah, but what people dont understand is that majority of JAP games ahve the option of englich text.

All the speaking is always in english in JAP games.

i dont buy JAP games anymore, i only get US ones.
The last JAP game i got was Capcom vs SNK, its ok, and also has the english text option
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:23
Regular
"^_^"
Can you understand Japaneese?
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:22
Regular
why would i want to?

i got my JAP gc the day before it was officially released in JAPAN last september, i have 22 games, all of which i have got on import either for cheaper or about the same price as UK games.

I wouldnt even consider buying a UK game now, there would be no point.

and everyone here seems to be waiting for freeloader.
if you ask me i dont even think it`ll be released in the coming months.
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:19
Regular
"^_^"
Just buy a Jap version of Freeloader!
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:15
Regular
Well according to the owner of Lik-Sang and the owner of Madeira Games (both companies have been selling them since they were released) there is no mod chip for any JAP or US gamecube to play UK games

think about it, what would be the point?
Sat 23/11/02 at 21:13
Regular
"^_^"
I am sure it is modable to play UK games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.