GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox is a pile of toss!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Sat 23/11/02 at 16:06
Regular
That's right, I wanted to like this game I really did but the more I play it the more it dawns on me just how pathetically retarded it is.

At first I was enjoying myself, the graphics where amazing and the puzzles seemed simple but okay. I'm starting to realise though why it got such low marks, it stupidly linear, the majority of puzzels are pathetically simliar and extremely simple. It's like Zelda for retards...not just your normal retard though these would have to be super, super retards. Sometimes i've got stuck because I find myself looking into the puzzle to much when actual fact I should be looking for a stupid symbol on the wall, absoloute ar$e.

I games where rated on graphics then this would be the best game of the year, unfortunatly they're not and I agree with Digitiser this deserves 2/10, not because it's THAT bad, it's bad but not THAT bad but because Rare should have done so much better, they've proved they can before so what in Gods name possessed them when they where making this steaming pile of toss I realy don't know.

Oh and this is coming from someone who loved DK64 and thinks Banjo Tooie is one of the best games ever.

I'll play the game to the end just because, but it'll be going back as soon as I finish it.
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:27
apparently i heard there is going to be 2 versions of zelda. the cartoon one and the really nice 3-d one. The cartoon one looks a bit wap, but the 3-d looked very nice, i wonder what will happen to it
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Turak wrote:
> apparently i heard there is going to be 2 versions of zelda. the
> cartoon one and the really nice 3-d one. The cartoon one looks a bit
> wap, but the 3-d looked very nice, i wonder what will happen to it

No there isn't. The 'cartoon one' is 3D anyway.

I think you're probably referring to a re-make of Ocarina of Time (although I doubt there will be any significant graphical improvement, certainly nothing like Resident Evil) which is being included with the Japanese version (not fully confirmed as far as I know but as good as).
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:35
Regular
"And some more !"
oh crap i bought the game in america thinking it was gonna be the best game ever and now your telling me that it is crap im still waiting for the freeloader i ordered from special reserve oh crap thanks for telling me im gonne send it back to my uncle and probably get metroid prime

cheers lol
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:40
Regular
SmokedKipper wrote:
> First Mario, then Star Fox, what could the next big name GC
> disappointment be?

Errrrr last time I checked Mario was anything but a dissapointment, maybe it was too you but the other 95% of people that bought it didn't think the same.

>
> Metroid Prime has been showered with praise and surely Zelda can't
> fall flat on it's face...can it? Just goes to show even the big boys
> get things wrong.

Blame Rare, stupid people. If the gameplay was as good as the graphics then it would have been the best game ever shame that it plays like a 6 week old ham sandwich tastes.

I'm gonna stick with it to the end though, you never know it might get better.......maybe
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
grand theft ali wrote:
> oh crap i bought the game in america thinking it was gonna be the best
> game ever and now your telling me that it is crap im still waiting for
> the freeloader i ordered from special reserve oh crap thanks for
> telling me im gonne send it back to my uncle and probably get metroid
> prime
>
> cheers lol

By all means buy it. I have done and it should be here on Monday. Would me telling you what a disappointment Mario Sunshine is stop you from buying it? Probably not.

I can't believe so many people have bought import games before they have means to play them (i.e. Freeloader). Wouldn't the non-stupid approach have been to wait and get Freeloader first and then buy import games? How many people have US versions of Mario and/or Starfox and are still waiting to play them while other are playing on theirs that they bought from this country? It's just madness.

Someone will probably jump in and mention Metriod soon but if I was them I wouldn't waste the effort.
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:41
Regular
Mircorsoft probably told them to make it crap. :-)
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm gonna stick with it to the end though, you never know it might get
> better.......maybe

With a bit of luck!

Luckily for me I don't have the time to play it at the moment, so I ain't gonna buy it till it's a lot cheaper anyways. Then hopefully I won't feel like I've wasted a huge wad of cash if it does infact turn out to be pap!

:)
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:45
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Mircorsoft probably told them to make it crap. :-)

It was complete before the Microsoft deal was confirmed.

I reckon Bill probably played starfox and thought it was the best game ever so decided to buy Rare.
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Errrrr last time I checked Mario was anything but a dissapointment,
> maybe it was too you but the other 95% of people that bought it didn't
> think the same.

Check again. It's a bit pants most of the time. Read the review I posted the other day to see what I think in more detail.

If the other 95% of people that bought it (i.e. not me) didn't think it was a disappointment then that means that I account for 5% of its total sales. So it only sold 20 copies did it?

Only joking, I get what you meant.
remake of ocrianca (erm i can spell:P) well that would be a dissapointment, cause i saw the video and thought it kicked bottom, but now its a re-make.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.