GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox is a pile of toss!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Sat 23/11/02 at 16:06
Regular
That's right, I wanted to like this game I really did but the more I play it the more it dawns on me just how pathetically retarded it is.

At first I was enjoying myself, the graphics where amazing and the puzzles seemed simple but okay. I'm starting to realise though why it got such low marks, it stupidly linear, the majority of puzzels are pathetically simliar and extremely simple. It's like Zelda for retards...not just your normal retard though these would have to be super, super retards. Sometimes i've got stuck because I find myself looking into the puzzle to much when actual fact I should be looking for a stupid symbol on the wall, absoloute ar$e.

I games where rated on graphics then this would be the best game of the year, unfortunatly they're not and I agree with Digitiser this deserves 2/10, not because it's THAT bad, it's bad but not THAT bad but because Rare should have done so much better, they've proved they can before so what in Gods name possessed them when they where making this steaming pile of toss I realy don't know.

Oh and this is coming from someone who loved DK64 and thinks Banjo Tooie is one of the best games ever.

I'll play the game to the end just because, but it'll be going back as soon as I finish it.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:37
Regular
Dino Breath wrote:
> bah
>
> starfox is gay
>
> mario is gay
>
> nintendo is gay

All of them gay?
I bet you're struggling to choose which one to make a move on then! ;-D
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:08
Regular
Dino Breath wrote:
> bah
>
> starfox is gay
>
> mario is gay
>
> nintendo is gay
>
> whats he point of stating the obvious?

shut up fanboy
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:07
Regular
Dino Breath wrote:
> bah
>
> starfox is gay
>
> mario is gay
>
> nintendo is gay
>
> whats he point of stating the obvious?

You're a retard.....oh there I go stating the obvious again.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:05
Regular
"No Sex"
bah

starfox is gay

mario is gay

nintendo is gay

whats he point of stating the obvious?
Mon 25/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Sry i didnt read the full 145 posts just skipped and read the main post so excuse if this was said already...

Kinda explains why Nintendo are giving a 'bonus' 750pts if you ED, Mario Sunshine and Starfox. I know that 2 of those games are great from 1st hand experience (ED & Sunshine) i guess the incentive of 750 bonus pts helped to sell a few extra copies of Starfox :s

I did read a review of Starfox and it only scored an average of 7 :s not what i and many others were hoping for.
Mon 25/11/02 at 20:45
Regular
luckily i can get nightfire and mario party for christmas... practically free!
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:27
Regular
Starfox fits perfectly well into this game, play it all the way through and you'll see why.

You can't avoid the fact that Rare did a bad job of it. And on the title screen it has the Nintendo copyright, and then "game by Rare".
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:23
I think it's the philosophy that Japanese gamers really just play games to chill out, and would rather have a few puzzles which require no brainpower at all than those that do. A good example of this is the popularity of dance based games in Japan - such as Sambo de Amigo.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Interesting. I'd previously said that I wouldn't be buying SFA because of the rating they got in mags like Edge and CVG. However, it's done remarkably well in Japan where kids seems to like that sort of thing. There's one thing I've noticed - English gamers need more hardcore games than a pise of crap like SFA. I loved Goldeneye and Perfect Dark but there's no way I'll get SFA. I wouldn't even rent it. Rare's last game is a bit of a disaster. We were expecting great things but got nothing.
Mon 25/11/02 at 11:32
"Darkness, always"
"XBOX emulator"

Bwahahahahahahaaa!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.