GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"//////Auto Modellista OFFICIAL thread//////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 19:00
Regular
///////////////
Sorry, I couldn't Cel-Shade the thread but at least I tried. Any how. Anyone else looking forward to this Cartoony version of GT3? Intrigued me from the start and I actually think it will succeed. I like the idea of being able to customize every single part of your car. I like that I do. Talk.
///////////////
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:50
"You love us!"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Heh, PSM2 gave it an 8/10 saying that the only real thing that let it
> down is the mix of arcade and simulation, where as the handling is
> very Sim, but they quote not as reallistic as GT3, where as the
> graphics are arcadey. But then again, it's better to have a mix rather
> than the same old boring games, agree? And I like the look of the edit
> mode :D

yeah the strange mix of arcade feel and sim-ish handling was the thing that kinda put meoff when i first started playing it. You feel as though you should be sliding around ever corner at full speed (like Burnout) but in actual fact you really have to slow down. however, once i got used to it the game was really fun to play - and as i say, looks amazing. Just a shame i couldn't play the Garage Life mode cause the of Jap text. Still, you've got me thinking of the game again, so i reckon i'll have a little go this evening and see if it's as good as a i remember. :-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:55
Regular
"  "
Heh, good good. Do you know what the Grage life entales exactly?
Wed 27/11/02 at 13:10
"You love us!"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Heh, good good. Do you know what the Grage life entales exactly?

Well from fiddling around in the garage Life mode i seems to be similar to the GT Mode in GT3. You have to buy a car to begin with, then race to make money, buy news cars, unlock tracks, and unlock new decals for you cars. You can also mod your cars here quite a bit, and you also have some kind of garage area where all the cars you have are stored.

As i say, it took me 10 mins to figure out how to even start this mode, as you need to input a name etc for you garage life game and the menu system used was all over the palce - although this was only because i don't speak the lingo.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:43
Regular
"  "
Heh, sounds brilliant though. Can you draw your own decals you know?
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:15
"You love us!"
dunno to be honest. haven't got that far :-p

Played a few single races, decided i din't have the lingo ability to play the Garge Life mode and then just filed it with the other 100 odd games on the shelf - haven't touched it since mate. But as i said, i'll dig it out tonight and have a blast.

That or i'll just play SW Bounty Hunter or Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.

So many games, so little free time. Hey ho! :-D
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:14
Regular
I was watching the video on Play DVD - it did look quite good, but again also sounded and felt very cheesy-Japanesey.
And I loved making your own decals on Ridge Racer Type 4 - even though you could hardly read them. :-)
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:38
Regular
"  "
I dont mind the cheesy Japanese style, kinda refeshing. I'm more concerned about how it plays. So did you dig itout last night Echelon?
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
it's meant to be crap.
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:41
Regular
"  "
According to Edge it is, but according to them POW is crap and Sunshine is a 10/10 game. Crazy. :/
Thu 28/11/02 at 10:21
Regular
"  "
http://www.capcom-europe.com/automodellista/flash.html

This is the official site for the european version of AM. You can get a taster of some of the cars and also see the edit mode in action. Seems you can colour the cars how you like and it says you can make your own decals!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.