GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"//////Auto Modellista OFFICIAL thread//////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 19:00
Regular
///////////////
Sorry, I couldn't Cel-Shade the thread but at least I tried. Any how. Anyone else looking forward to this Cartoony version of GT3? Intrigued me from the start and I actually think it will succeed. I like the idea of being able to customize every single part of your car. I like that I do. Talk.
///////////////
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:35
Regular
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Bagger. Why wont it do back slashes? :@

This is a test

\/\/\/\/\/\/\ (This should be a zigzag)
Mon 25/11/02 at 20:07
Regular
"  "
Arghh, leave me alone. Look ---> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Mon 25/11/02 at 20:08
Regular
"  "
Oh, erm. Well. I don't know what to say. :|
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:22
"...Unicef pennies.."
My research didn't uncover that much. Just the following:

 It looks tasty. I guess capcom would have been foolish to try and better GT3 in terms of realism, as they'd have almost certainly failed. However, the Cel shading looks very cool, and the road/scenery textures suggest that it'll feel pretty rapid too.

 There are some point-to-point races, which will make a change from trackside scenery and lap based races.

 I heard mention of Suzuka being included, along with some sections of Tokyo highway.

 Customising car looks should be cool, but the only sort of changes that I've seen so far are white stripes down the centre of the car and different coloured bonnets. Any one know what else you can change?
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:25
"...Unicef pennies.."
Whoops....

Tried to bullet point that! Oh well...

:S
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:56
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> Ok...just done a bit of research on this one...and I really quite want
> it!
>
> But I've got GTA Vice City, and Getaway on preorder, so can I justify
> buying another game? What a dilemma...
>
> Guess I better start channelling efforts into winning GAD.
>
> :D

You have got Vice City on pre-order? As your message was posted way AFTER the release of Vice City, I would say you are not competent enough to own any games at all.
Tue 26/11/02 at 09:13
Regular
"  "
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> My research didn't uncover that much. Just the following:

Oh ok :D

>
>  It looks tasty. I guess capcom would have been foolish to
> try and better GT3 in terms of realism, as they'd have almost
> certainly failed. However, the Cel shading looks very cool, and the
> road/scenery textures suggest that it'll feel pretty rapid too.
>

The graphics look nice, I agree :D

>  There are some point-to-point races, which will make a
> change from trackside scenery and lap based races.

Oooo sounds good.

>
>  I heard mention of Suzuka being included, along with some
> sections of Tokyo highway.

Well there are meant to be 112 tracks, no joke.

>
>  Customising car looks should be cool, but the only sort
> of changes that I've seen so far are white stripes down the centre of
> the car and different coloured bonnets. Any one know what else you can
> change?

From a screenshot in OPSM2 it looks like you can change the colour of edvery panel, and add decals, and you can even make you own decals. Large Exhausts, new spoilers and bumpers and all that sort if thing too. I seem to think you can change the headlight color aswell. Hang on a sec, and I'll show you a page with all the cars on.
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:47
"...Unicef pennies.."
The Pill wrote:
> You have got Vice City on pre-order? As your message was posted way
> AFTER the release of Vice City, I would say you are not competent
> enough to own any games at all.

Well, aren't you a cheeky n00b?

Basically, if you stretch your brain power, you'll see a comma in the sentence. So I have GTA:VC, and *Getaway on pre-order*.

So to recap, I own Vice City, and I will own Getaway when it comes out.

Not so smart now, are we?

Oh and Natbuc? I'm waiting to see this page! 112 track though? yeesh!
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:12
"You love us!"
Had the Jap version of AM for about 5 months now and it's okay. Nothing amazing, but the cell-shaded style looks stunning, the speed lines that appear either side of your car when you start to get faster is excellent, and the rain effect is also top notch. Problems? Well it feels like it should play like an arcade racer, Burnout etc, but in many ways the handling is rather sim-like. Not on the GT3 level, but you still need to really watch yourself on corners and slow down a fair bit. I kinda think this goes against the whole cartoon cell-shaded look, now I don't mean it should be a 'wacky racers' style cartoon handling, but I reckon they should have gone for a more arcade handling dynamic. But that's just my opinion.

Other than that, the game is really good. In the Jap version, the track count is very limited, I seem to remember that there are only like 7 track to begin with, but when you play thought the 'garage life' mode, you unlock more. I haven’t really done this, as it's quite tough to understand what the hell is going on, with the Jap text and all. Although even in a normal race you can choose to have 1 of three styling on the car you will drive. One is the standard car, the next has a few more spoilers on it and looks allot more like a street racers, on some cars you can have the parallel white lines running across the car (like a Viper) and the third 'outfit' is a fully on race car look, with spoilers and decals. Very nice.

Gotta’ say, because of the visual styling of the game it really does make you want to go back and play it. It looks so good. Good game, and I will prolly get the UK version just so I can have a go on the garage life mode.
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:26
Regular
"  "
For the cars go here. You see the gold links just under the AM logo? Well click on the 3rd one across for the car list. (Its in Jap soz, but you can see all the pictures). I'll find the track info. There is only the large amount in the UK vesion, to make up for no online play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.