GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"//////Auto Modellista OFFICIAL thread//////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 19:00
Regular
///////////////
Sorry, I couldn't Cel-Shade the thread but at least I tried. Any how. Anyone else looking forward to this Cartoony version of GT3? Intrigued me from the start and I actually think it will succeed. I like the idea of being able to customize every single part of your car. I like that I do. Talk.
///////////////
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:31
Regular
"  "
*Ahem*

Soryy,

http://www.capcom.co.jp (SPACE) /newproducts/consumer/automodellista/index2.html
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:37
Regular
"  "
Now go to

http://www.gamerankings.com (SPACE) /itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=113206

And look at the Pros section. Over 200 tracks. :)
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:32
"You love us!"
Ah that makes sense I guess. With the online function o the Jap version I guess you don't need 100's of tracks, as you can play online against different opponent, with the limited number of tracks, without getting to board. Bit of a bummer for me though it doesn’t work in the UK. Oh well, hey ho.

Nice to see Capcom acknowledge the fact that without the online option, the game as it was in Japan would have been really poor in terms of longevity, and even better so see they've done something about it by adding a ruck of new tracks. It would have been very easy for them to do the NTSC to PAL conversion, sans the online mode, and release the game. Respect to Capcom for that one.

Well with the new tracks I’ll be definitely getting myself a copy of the UK version.
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:18
"...Unicef pennies.."
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Now go to
>
> http://www.gamerankings.com (SPACE)
> /itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=113206
>
> And look at the Pros section. Over 200 tracks. :)

Thanks for this!

Two Hundred tracks is very cool, and some nice cars too, though some very peculiar ones mixed in.

And they're all Japanese! Why don't any british developers have the same alliance with car makers from around europe? Maybe it's to do with the Japanese manufacturers being more willing to grant licenses, but still...

Yes. Think I want this. I think. Hmmmm.
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Wotz a tagline...?"
Sorry - but I think this game should be put straight into the bargain bins.

Opinion ?

What do you mean you want a proper opnion ?

Cel shading - Pah. Overused already and just takes games backwards to the times of things that were released on PSX.
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I would love for OPSM2 to have a playable demo, it's going to be one of those games you either love or hate.
200+ tracks, are we talking abouth the same game ??
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Wotz a tagline...?"
I agree with you Mr H - At the moment I just hate the idea of it - but you never know - a playable demo may well change my mind if I could see that the gameplay is good enough.
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:51
Regular
Auto Modellista got 76% in Play.
Tue 26/11/02 at 18:13
"You love us!"
Play is a Paragon Mag, and Paragon never give out much freelance work.

Therefore the opinion is void ;-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 09:30
Regular
"  "
Heh, PSM2 gave it an 8/10 saying that the only real thing that let it down is the mix of arcade and simulation, where as the handling is very Sim, but they quote not as reallistic as GT3, where as the graphics are arcadey. But then again, it's better to have a mix rather than the same old boring games, agree? And I like the look of the edit mode :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.