GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phantom Crash Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 20:40
Regular
Ok, the word spam is probably popping up in a few minds reading this, but Phantom Crash is a great game, so I thought I'd make this topic to chat about progress in the game and stuff (believe me, it is THAT addictive). I know Gamezfreak has claimed it so I at least have 1 person to chat with over this game once he gets it. ;-)

So far I've bought myself a Ventuno mech and I have 2 Animal chips - 2 wolves, one I've named Fang, the other - Silver. :-)
I want to get round to building my own mech soon, but I can't help but spend my money on crap ! ;-)) Bought a couple of music tracks, paint jobs to use, etc.
Thing is, these things can be in a shop one day and gone the next, so I see these little bits and pieces and quickly grab them. ;-)

Anyway, back to the rumbling ! ;-)
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maybe they could offer more mech parts to buy in an online shop too which you pay for with the cash you earn in the game. :-)
Would be cool to earn money online as you play as well as offline. ;-)
I'm on day 52 now. I think you'd like my mech Gamezfreak. ;-)
This is what I basically have...
Its a Holy model with hover legs and these are its weapons (after a shed load spent on leg upgrades to cope with the weight).
Right and left arms: Pistol/HM15 (the Jango Fett effect) ;-)
Right shoulder: M-24L/4Aspide (basically a quad homing missle launcher)
Left shoulder: 65/14M-Catapult (in english - a bloody huge cannon that can take an opponent out with 1 hit if aimed well enough).

I actually entered Shinjuku last night and took out 2 people at once with the cannon as soon as I came out the door. ;-))

Those high ranking Wireheads tend to damn well back off and give me some respect now too. ;-))

The mech is called Nemesis, has the shark face paint job and a British flag sticker on the back. ;-)
Oh and the chip is a level 20 Beagle dog named Ben. ;-)
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:54
Regular
Yeah, I think the developer/publisher are talking about releasing a "Booster" disc for Phantom Crash, Allowing online play, More arenas and it'd be fun to see what other peoples mech configurations look like.
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:47
gamezfreak wrote:
> I'm on day 28 at the moment.
>
> I sold my old mech, And brought an "Aeron" model, this oines
> a bit more organised, with twin machine guns and twin 4 way rocket
> launchers. It rocks! I hope to purchase the laser cannon soon, man
> this game just rocks.
>
> If the game had destructible enviorments like mech assault, with the
> gameplay/style/custmmising of Phantom Crash - that would rock.

dont forget online play. if it had that alone I would of got it :D
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
I'm on day 28 at the moment.

I sold my old mech, And brought an "Aeron" model, this oines a bit more organised, with twin machine guns and twin 4 way rocket launchers. It rocks! I hope to purchase the laser cannon soon, man this game just rocks.

If the game had destructible enviorments like mech assault, with the gameplay/style/custmmising of Phantom Crash - that would rock.
Sun 24/11/02 at 21:46
I will have 3 games on friday to pick up! from my letterbox bless sr no doubt non of them will arrive on release date lol.
Sun 24/11/02 at 19:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm on day 38 now. :-) Will no doubt be considerably more by the time I goto bed tonight. ;-)
Sun 24/11/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
May rent this over christmas as there are too many games I want. Sounds like a cool game though.
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its hasn't got many arenas Adrian, but this game pulls you in even more than Mech Assault. Really can't praise this game enough, its so addictive and your mech ends up meaning the world to you. ;-))

As for my favourite mech dealer, that has to be Ventuno. ;-)
Nice blend of power, speed and style. ;-)
Sun 24/11/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
This game sounds pretty cool. A bit like Gran Turismo but with Mechs :). Is the game long at all, as MechAssault is pretty sort, as I completed it today, but I did have it last Tuesday. MechAssault is amazing online I must have racked up at least 10-12 hours online so far.
Sun 24/11/02 at 13:04
Regular
Yeah I got a "First Place Sheild Prize" for beating one of the boss type people. They usually seem to pop up when you have shot down around 20 enemies. He was pretty easy to kill, but a biatch to find, ke kept on shooting me with his optic camoflague on, luckily I found him and gave him the Sparky 4 treatment.

I keep buying paintworks, its kind of an obsession, I go to the shop and buy a paintwork for no reason, I have around 11 different colours for my mech now!

I had to re-tune the body of my mech to allow me to fit my new pair of Hover legs. Hover legs rock! I swear sparky moves a bit faster now, and turning is a little easier aswell.

I'm on day 17, Been having fun rumbling. I mainly just take part in the "Class D" rumbles, for now anyway.

Just brought a new Wolf chip, Called it "Bite" (don't ask why) But you say hes an ahole? I've given him an upgrade to level 1, But the only thing he says at the moment is: -

"I think we should just aim and fire, don't you?"

lol, Hopefully he'll turn out great. In the meantime I think its time for some novelty stickers. And maybe a new Arm wep. Soon i'll have to build my own new mech, but i'll take it in stages.

Which mech company do you prefer Sav?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.