GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega ditch Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
It appears that Sega are in big trouble and have had to take action first up it will publish games on Multi-format so things like Sega Gt and Jet Set Radio future will have to go all console format, when you are in the position that Sega are in at the moment it is very foolish to go down exclusive titles route anyway.

Then there are the Sega Sports titles which Sega will no longer produce for the GC as the sluggish sales of the cube have forced it into totally ditching sports titles for the GC as they are not financially profitable (oh dear).
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:32
Regular
I don't change over discs because dvd roms are big enough.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:27
"You love us!"
Top score wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Hey check out this idea, they put it on 2 discs!
>
> Oh my God, I should work in the industry with that sort of
> intelligence.
>
> That is a bit like saying I prefer watching a film on TV that has the
> 10oclock news inbetween rather than watching the film straight
> through.

Wow and there was me thinking it was only your brain that was retarded Top Score. The 10-o-Clock news must be on for what, about 30 minutes. Does it really take you that long to swap over a DVD in a console? Your handicap must be more serious than I thought.

I’d offer you my condolences, if I even had the slightest regard for you life.

But I don’t, so I won’t.

Sorry.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:27
Regular
DivX, anyone...
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:25
Regular
Retard.

It takes less then 20 seconds to change the disc over.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:22
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Hey check out this idea, they put it on 2 discs!
>
> Oh my God, I should work in the industry with that sort of
> intelligence.

That is a bit like saying I prefer watching a film on TV that has the 10oclock news inbetween rather than watching the film straight through.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:21
"You love us!"
Talking of fanboys....

*glances at post below*

oh dear.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:19
"You love us!"
Well done update 2.01, that was a factual post that was 100% true, and best of all, you didn't use the fact to have a dig at any other consoles while preaching the PS2 gospel according to fanboys.

Now this begs the question, why the hell can't you post factually based material or well-rounded and reasonable based opinions (and not fanboy cr@p) all the time?
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:18
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> 1.5GB is a bit small these days if you're watching a FMV sim. Isn't it
> funny how every thread starring Top Score degrades into a slanging
> match.

Just cut the FMV it's not like Nintendo have not had to do that in the past because of poor format capacity. That would work well with a game like LOTR Two Towers.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:11
Regular
cjh wrote:
> Just 1.5GB??? That is a hell of a lot of space for one disc.
>
> To be honest, I doubt very much that most games fill have the space on
> of the discs, so i can't see the disc ever being to small.

DVD holds 4.25Gb on a single layer, single sided "standard" disc. Using dual layer, you can get 8.5Gb on one side.

GTA-VC uses about 4.0Gb, so yes games are around that are larger than 1.5Gb.
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:51
Regular
"DS..."
Well if Sega do have to bring so-called "xbox exclusives" to the gamecube, I hope they release Panzer Dragoon Orta as that would definatley shift a heck of a lot of copies and boost the popularity of the series as it's a great franchise. I recently managed to aquire a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and am currently playing on that more then any of my Gamecube games! it really is THAT good im glad i didnt sell it though however tempting that prospect may have been at the time ;) as I reckon it's by far one of the best RPG's ever made and if the port the next installment to Gamecube that would be brilliant, ah well heres hoping...

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.